Latch the Insect Abomination

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NightmareRoach

01-30-2013

Latch
the Insect Abomination

Role: AD carry, has a very good early game similar to Corki

Visual: Latch is very tall and thin with grass green greasy skin. his face has 2 large red compound eyes two antenna and a mouth that opens sideways in the center of his face. his body has bristly well spaced hairs attached to it. after using his ultimate he will look the same but will be white and have 2 large moth wings attached to his back.

Resource: Mana

Ranged

Stats
Health 400 (+72)
Health reg. 5.5 (+0.40)
Mana 275 (+42)
Mana reg. 5.5 (+0.50)
Range 550
Attack damage 50 (+3)
Magic resist 27
Mov. speed 330
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Passive: ravenous hunger- When Latch attacks a target he will gains 3% bonus attack speed for every 10% of health the target is missing.

Q: Silk shot- Latch shoots silk at a target dealing a small amount of magic damage and lowering the enemies movement and attack speed for 4 seconds.
CD 10/9/8/7.5/7 seconds
Magic damage 40/50/65/80/95
Attack and Mov. speed slow 10%/15%/20%/25%/30%
Mana cost 60/80/90/100/115

W: Draining venom- Latch spits long ranged venom at an enemy target. when hit it will deal initial physical damage then bonus magic damage over the duration of 3.5 seconds. During those 3.5 seconds healing on the target will be reduced by 50%.
CD 8 seconds
Physical damage 80//115/150/175/195
Magic damage 20/35/65/90/100
Mana 60/80/90/115/130

E: Scuttle- When used Latch will become invisible and travel to a targeted location with a speed of 550. Latch will ignore all unit and terrain collision during this but can still be hurt. Latch will also reduce the armor of all units he passes through for 5 seconds.
CD 13/11/9/8/7 seconds
Armor shred 5%/10%/13%/16%/18%
Mana cost 80

R: Metamorphosis- when activated Latch will go inside a cocoon and channel for 2 seconds. while channeling he takes 30% less damage from everything. When the channeling is complete Latch will gain 15% movement, speed bonus damage, life steal, spell vamp, and a new model (see visual). In addition Latches E will be replaced by an ability called soar Which has a longer range and travel speed but does not turn latch invisible and only lowers the armor of enemies he lands on rather than passing through them. All of this lasting 15 seconds. (if latch is hit with a silence, snare, or nock up while channeling he will not get the buffs)
CD 90 seconds
Attack damage 30/35/40
Life steal 8%/12%/15%
Spell vamp 8%/12%/15%
Mana cost 30
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Couldent think of any lore. I figure he would be a mutant from the rune wars fallout but I cant really think of anything exciting.
Latches play style is hey can bully enemy AD carry's out of lane or score easy kills if has someone with him with good CC, but dosnt scale as well as other champs so can get out carried by AD champs like Vayne, Kog, or Draven if he dosnt shut them down in lane.

The5lacker

01-30-2013

Passive is interesting, and so long as the AS buff only applies while he's attacking that target it shouldn't be too abusable.

To put it lightly, your mana costs are mind bogglingly, head spinningly, locked-in-an-asylum-for-twenty-years insane, at least on your Q. 235 mana? Really? It's a 30% slow, it's not nearly scary enough to justify that cost. In addition, with no scaling on the damage, you might as well not even have it. I'd check out Nasus's Wither for a good balancing point, overall this ability is pretty lacking.

All healing reduction is 50%, because it all shares the same debuff: Grievous Wounds. It's plenty balanced, one of those "no tweaks necessary" universal debuffs, like stuns and whatnot. That being said, the after-damage is somewhat underwhelming, and I don't really feel the "draining" aspect of it. Might be interesting to give Latch bonus lifesteal against that target specifically, would fit more flavorful and make for a bit more potent of a spell.

Short range dash with invisibility is a neat idea, but I don't think armor shredding is really necessary given his multitude of magic damage dealing abilities and, well, just the versatility of a short ranged dash. I'd up it's cooldown at earlier levels, but 7 second sounds about right for max rank.

Ignoring the grammatical errors, Metamorphosis is interesting, but a bit underwhelming for a 2 second channel. Not sure what'd be the best way to go about it, but simply upping some stats and whatnot doesn't feel terribly...thrilling. I'd change it to alter how all of his abilities work for a short time. Give it a bit more pizazz.

NightmareRoach

01-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by The5lacker View Post
Passive is interesting, and so long as the AS buff only applies while he's attacking that target it shouldn't be too abusable.

To put it lightly, your mana costs are mind bogglingly, head spinningly, locked-in-an-asylum-for-twenty-years insane, at least on your Q. 235 mana? Really? It's a 30% slow, it's not nearly scary enough to justify that cost. In addition, with no scaling on the damage, you might as well not even have it. I'd check out Nasus's Wither for a good balancing point, overall this ability is pretty lacking.

All healing reduction is 50%, because it all shares the same debuff: Grievous Wounds. It's plenty balanced, one of those "no tweaks necessary" universal debuffs, like stuns and whatnot. That being said, the after-damage is somewhat underwhelming, and I don't really feel the "draining" aspect of it. Might be interesting to give Latch bonus lifesteal against that target specifically, would fit more flavorful and make for a bit more potent of a spell.

Short range dash with invisibility is a neat idea, but I don't think armor shredding is really necessary given his multitude of magic damage dealing abilities and, well, just the versatility of a short ranged dash. I'd up it's cooldown at earlier levels, but 7 second sounds about right for max rank.

Ignoring the grammatical errors, Metamorphosis is interesting, but a bit underwhelming for a 2 second channel. Not sure what'd be the best way to go about it, but simply upping some stats and whatnot doesn't feel terribly...thrilling. I'd change it to alter how all of his abilities work for a short time. Give it a bit more pizazz.
thanks for the feedback. I gave him all the mana costs because i wanted him to have some weakness early game so he didnt just steam role over everything but I think I went a little overboard.as for his ult i was originally going to make all his skills different but I wanted to keep him simple since he was an AD carry and i think it would be kind of lame if you got three cool new spells that you can only use for 15 seconds between at 95 second span.

The5lacker

01-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightmareRoach View Post
thanks for the feedback. I gave him all the mana costs because i wanted him to have some weakness early game so he didnt just steam role over everything but I think I went a little overboard.as for his ult i was originally going to make all his skills different but I wanted to keep him simple since he was an AD carry and i think it would be kind of lame if you got three cool new spells that you can only use for 15 seconds between at 95 second span.
That's kind of how massive, altering ults work. They aren't new spells, they're the same spells but with bonuses, motivating you to pick the right moment to transform so you can get all of your new and improved spells off and wreck face.

NightmareRoach

01-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by The5lacker View Post
That's kind of how massive, altering ults work. They aren't new spells, they're the same spells but with bonuses, motivating you to pick the right moment to transform so you can get all of your new and improved spells off and wreck face.
True ill see if I can think of some bonus effects i can ad to his spells.

NightmareRoach

01-31-2013

Bump

NightmareRoach

02-01-2013

Bump