Volibear's W

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FreljordsFinest

01-30-2013

So I love Voli, he is one of my favourite characters to play as but there is one thing I feel that is kinda silly. Am I the only one who feels his W is more of an ultimate than his actually ultimate?

His W can hit like a truck and usually secure a kill that would have likely escaped, his ultimate feels lacking, yes I make a loud roar and that usually makes the enemies piss themselvs however I don't feel it has much to offer, it does not last long, has a long cd compared to how actually useful it is and it doesn't feel like it contributes much to Voli whatsoever, it kinda feels like a glorified Ionic Spark

Meanwhile his W increases attack speed, and his like a truck on a low cd considering the damage

adc

01-30-2013

Voli's W does something like 700 damage at most on an 18 second cooldown. Voli's ult does 155 * 4 (620 damage) per autoattack for 12 seconds. Compare.

SomeCallMeEd

01-30-2013

His ult is more teamfight oriented. He runs in flips the nearest champ or adc, ults and mele's someone then hits everyone because of arking lightning bolts.

It's not an execute like other tanky champs. Voli is more of a damage and pushing tank, then say a peeling tank with a single high damage move like Chogath or pure CC no damage tank like Alistar.

Personally I love his ult. Most HP items have cooldown reduction and since it synergises with his passive and his tankyness it's actually a good build on him, combine this with CDR runes and you got yourself a heck of a lot of ult uptime. Use it to snipe low health enemies by arking bolts of minions, help clear a minion wave asap, burn baron or dragon, and still have it up for a teamfight more or less!

TLDR: It may not look it but that ult is pretty powerful by comparison!.