Bash my Mother, will you?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lolzerific Zan

Member

01-30-2013

Alright, so. I'm a good guy, good player. I'll admit, I have my times where I get upset with players on my team, but I'm not a ******bag.

However, in the middle of a game, my mother asked me to help her out with something because she can't carry heavy stuff (and there was a lot of heavy-loading.) and I did not know I would need to help her out before I started a game of LoL. So I went to help her after the game started. Come back to a bunch of whiny people who started insulting my mother and **** just because I went to help her.

Since when does League of Legends hold power over how I treat my mother? Tell me that. League of Legends has a very sad community. There are a lot of respectable players, yes, but I see more trolls and haters than respectable players.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Keonyn

Senior Member

01-30-2013

Report them, let the system deal with them. Real life happens, and if people really expected you to ditch your mother for the sake of a videogame then that says a lot about the type of people they are.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

meadow

Senior Member

01-30-2013

Just let the Tribunal deal with them.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shunkwugga

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

01-30-2013

And this is why the game needs a "pause" button.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Uccisore

Senior Member

01-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keonyn View Post
Report them, let the system deal with them. Real life happens, and if people really expected you to ditch your mother for the sake of a videogame then that says a lot about the type of people they are.

Yeah, that's a good point. From now on whenever I feel like wandering away from a game for a while to go jerk off or watch TV, I'll tell people I'm 'helping my mother', and that way I'll never get in any trouble.

Genius!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Keonyn

Senior Member

01-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uccisore View Post
Yeah, that's a good point. From now on whenever I feel like wandering away from a game for a while to go jerk off or watch TV, I'll tell people I'm 'helping my mother', and that way I'll never get in any trouble.

Genius!
So what then? He's supposed to just open himself to abuse because he had a legitimate real life issue come up? Or was he just supposed to tell his mom to **** off just to please some anonymouse people online who would otherwise ridicule him and his mother because of it? This idea that real life can not happen just because you're in a game is a completely flawed one, and sometimes it's going to happen whether you choose to accept it or not. Being a dick about it isn't going to change that.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Esteno

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Member

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolzerific Zan View Post
Alright, so. I'm a good guy, good player. I'll admit, I have my times where I get upset with players on my team, but I'm not a ******bag.

However, in the middle of a game, my mother asked me to help her out with something because she can't carry heavy stuff (and there was a lot of heavy-loading.) and I did not know I would need to help her out before I started a game of LoL. So I went to help her after the game started. Come back to a bunch of whiny people who started insulting my mother and **** just because I went to help her.

Since when does League of Legends hold power over how I treat my mother? Tell me that. League of Legends has a very sad community. There are a lot of respectable players, yes, but I see more trolls and haters than respectable players.
Yesterday I went to the bathroom after the loading screen showed up (I was suppport) when I came back it was 2 min and a half or 3 min into the game and ashe already died twice (twice in less than 3 min). She started insulting me blahblahblah, I go to the lane...9 minutes in, she died 6 times and still blamed me when she was literally running straight into the enemies and i couldn't save her against them both because she didn't even care to damage them. final score 13 deats and 2 kills in 25 minutes. So yeah, players will pick on something to rant and think nothing is their fault, when you clearly are doing your best.

A long time ago (like a year or year and a half) there was a jax in our team who had to go 40-45 minutes in because someone in his house injured his/her head and needed to go to the hospital...guess what? 2 of our teammates threatened to report but he had obviously more important stuff than stay and play a game at that moment.