OMFG Riot Please Fix Elo Hell

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NightmareRofls

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-08-2013

Here are some pages from my ranked match history:

Defeat - Cho 'Gath, 8/5/4, Yorick fed xin and the support never warded.
Defeat - Akali, 6/2/2, Tryed to lead charges to dragon but team never followed, fed.
Defeat - Akali, 9/5/2, Everyone else but me fed, nough said.
Defeat - Zac, 4/1/1, The cho on our team went like 0/10, no wards and always derped.

These are 4/5 of my recent ranked games. I am now in bronze 4 because of these **** teams. Riot, thanks for making such a **** ranked system.

NightmareRofls

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-08-2013

Btw I am not saying I am good, I am just saying I may or may not be alot better then my teammates.

NightmareRofls

04-08-2013

Bump, please help, I have replay from those games if you want to tell me how to stop having my team feed

tAki 183

04-08-2013

You need to go out of your OWN lane and help the lanes that are losing. If you're losing all the time then you're doing something wrong. >_> took me a while to understand this and I've become a much better player because of it. Stop blaming your team and blame yourself. If there were Elo Hell then how would you explain the professional players that make smurf accounts and get them to diamond etc?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5MTO2a7ZFcc

ExecutionerK

04-08-2013

This is my formula for carrying

Kills + Assists > 3(Death)

Contribute to at least 3 turret kills
Secure at least 2 global objectives
Assists other lane at least 2 times (even if you are ad carry)

VoiceOfUnreason

04-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightmareRofls View Post
Btw I am not saying I am good, I am just saying I may or may not be alot better then my teammates.
And judging from the results, you may or may not be worse than your opponents -- which would put you in the middle of the field (aka, the Elo where you belong).

Something to keep in mind: your opponents, drawing from the same pool of players, are managing to beat you. Figure out how to do the same to them, first.

V M

04-08-2013

Team work is key. Since you are positive in every loss statics then I am not surprised you are not winning.

TMIT

04-09-2013

If you don't play in a stack, you *WILL* lose because of teammates. I lost 3 out of 4 games in a 4 game run recently. Here's how it happened:

1. Teammate never moved at lvl 1. Didn't quit, just never moved. At the end of the game we had 9 level 18's and a lvl 1.
2. Teammate spammed 8 deaths doing things like "at lvl 3, run into two level 5's behind their creep wave", then quit.
3. Win --> this is the only game where a teammate didn't quit.
4. Teammate lost his lane 1v1 and quit (at level 4!)...was only his 2nd death.

Hopefully, once I get into ranked it won't be this bad, but there's really not a whole lot you can do 4v5 unless the 5 feed. Such is especially true when the guy who quits is your ADC!

Guys with a positive K/D and enough to have been contributing can cause losses, but they are RARELY to blame. It's almost always the guy who is 2-10 that is contributing to the loss the most. People in this thread are basically telling the guy to "carry more", when in reality it is HARD to put up scores like that on a losing team; usually you get overwhelmed and die some. The only way a solid positive K/D can contribute to a loss is if a strong laner has no team-fight sense whatsoever or simply doesn't help out in such encounters.

Contrary to what some on this thread indicate, when you have two people go a combined 5-25-6 on your team, it usually *is* their fault you lost.

TLDR:

1. Play enough games for teammate luck to even out.
2. Play in stacks

You will never get as high a winning % with #1 as you would with #2 though, since if you stack your team it's less up to luck of the draw. My suggestion is to add people whose play you are impressed with, and try to run with them.

AlwaysTwoAces

04-09-2013

I just have a simple answer to your issue. You need to fix your attitude. Just from a pure non-biased statistic analysis. If you are as good as you say, then you have 4 chances to random a bad teammate, while your opponents have 5 chances to random a bad teammate. You should clearly be able to move up based on that.

Game skills isn't the only thing that is needed to win. You also need to be able to rally your team and get them to cooperate. I won plenty of games when we were down 10+ kills. But you got to get every calm, formulate a plan and strategy, and use that momentum to secure your objectives and win.

I'm going to let you in on a secret, but in bronze and silver, everyone cries and yells at how people are bad and that they get stuck with them. Well in gold and platinum, everyone cries about how their solo player thought they were the hot shyt and instead failed at it. What's the verdict? It happens at every tier...

Guin Mungo

04-09-2013

I just got to level 30 but I have found in normal games to add people to team in future if they were the only ones also not surrendering. Get 5 people who will play to the end and you have solved one of the big problems which is negative thinking.

When watching LCS you still see some big comebacks because people (teams ... even pros) make mistakes. Look for them and keep your team looking for them and it can only result in more success.