Why Does Everyone Hate Shaco?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Brycearoni

01-30-2013

I love playing Shaco and whenever I jungle with him I do pretty well, but everyone always blames me for everything because Shaco has a bad rep.

If you look at the stats Shaco wins 55% of his games, 4th highest in LoL.

So I don't understand where this misconception comes from. For example, I just played a game with a Rene, Ahri, MF, and Support Xin Zhao. They all built completely wrong (except for MF). Xin build zero support items and instead built like a carry, Ahri built zero utility, and Renek didnt build his core items. Yet, they all blamed me for losing the game solely based on the fact that I was Shaco, completely ignoring that I ganked Top and Mid successfully twice (bot said they didnt need help) and kept up my DPS and Durability all game in teamfights.

I just dont understand why Junglers get blamed for everything.

EDIT: A lot of people say Shaco falls off hard late game, but even at the 50 minute mark, I am able to pick up triples. If you build him correctly, I don't think he falls off as hard as you would think.

asmit10z

01-30-2013

Because junglers are so damn important. Hell, i'd say they're probably just as important as the ADC. A jungler has the ability to change the game, and because people don't like taking blame, they blame one of - if not the most important member of the team.

Jesustim

01-30-2013

junglers and supports are the most commonly blamed roles in league for team failures.

To be fair no one likes shaco because shaco as a jungler falls off HARD late game with his lack of major utility, and he's occupying the jungler role where its easiest to insert a tank to help late game fights.

to be fair, 2 successful ganks is pitiful for a shaco jungle. pretty much anyone who seriously plays the champion will tell you gank, gank, and gank some more because of how effective you are at it early game. Your goal is to snowball them hard, because your farming abilities are ~meh and you'll lose a farm the jungle race against a lot of other junglers.

PrincePapa

01-30-2013

Shaco's main problem is probably that he is one of the champions who quickly become useless. While he is a terror during laning phase, as soon as it ends and teamfights begin, he becomes a char who's only utility is split-pushing, since he dies extremely fast in teamfights and has no aoe, poke nor burst potential compared to other champs.

Also, picking Shaco as a jungler means top or mid must pick a tank champ, and since Shaco's damage falls late game, you end up with no bruiser. Shaco has the potential to completely snowball laning, but if the enemy is resistant enough to make it to late game he's in trouble.

YoungGoN4v5

01-30-2013

A shaco pick is a flip of the coin. You are essentially saying that you are going to win the game before 25 minutes. Consequently, your team has to play aggressively and take many major objectives and snowball by that point. You are risking something big, and shaco is much less effective vs a coordinated team- luckily in soloq that isn't really a problem - but basically shaco is hated because of his russian roulette style of gameplay.

Wreyth

06-22-2013

actually another big misconception is he falls of late game. if you get an experienced shaco player that has his builds down pat he has ALLOT of late game burst and can easily pick off the adc and or support and still get out letting the rest of your team finish the fight. yes he is simply an assassin and split pusher late game but in team fights you wait let the team initiate pop in burst down the adc and or support/ap carry and get out. the biggest problem is majority of the players screaming shaco sucks doesn't know how to work properly with him and 90% of the shaco players don't take the time to really examine his role .... useless team fights? hardly his job is to assassinate key champs and get out letting the rest of his team mop the rest of the enemy team with little resistance. he is HIGHLY mobile can escape easily and has wit hthe right builds a very high damage and burst damage output. and if you really want to throw people off build him as a tank because 1 yes you get targeted fast 2 you can take the damage distracting and 3 you have a clone that essentialy adds a 2nd tank with a surprise, his shiv easily has a good range and can slow enemy's quick even after they flash. the biggest problem i see is people don;t give him proper credit nor do they know how to properly work with him. the 2nd biggest issue is players have to have a very specific mindset and allot of time and practice on shaco to get him to the proper potential. my most common games run with me hitting stats like 17/6/20 12/3/3 16/11/9 on the low end and those are simply my recent games.

ImCastorTroyWHOO

06-22-2013

People like to regurgitate things without thinking for themselves. The truth is, professional events and soloq are two completely different animals, and shaco is a beast in soloq when played by someone who knows what they are doing. He doesn't fall off late game, you just have to have experience and see how your team fights are going and whether you need to build him tanky or bursty or a mix. Just because his play/build combo requires high skill and some people can't figure that out doesn't mean he sucks.

Sephïroth

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-22-2013

Shaco is annoying to deal with playing against, and annoying to deal with on your team as he's only good early game.

This means people don't want to have to deal with his deficiencies or the deficiencies he gives you.

ChiSqrd

06-22-2013

Shaco is not very good in higher level play against anyone competent. He is annoying as hell early game but like other people say, he falls off like a brick in the mid to late game. You should not have been able to easily pick up triple kills at the 50 minute mark unless your enemies are just plain stupid and have no focus. He dies really fast and oracles shut him down. He also falls behind really fast if you don't get an early lead.

Axiom Prime

06-22-2013

Because with the changes in Season 3 Carry Junglers are dead, they've been replaced by Melee Bruiser/Tank Junglers that offer more to the team than extra damage with little to no cc. Shaco is an example of a Carry Jungler who unfortunately brings little extra to the team besides having 1 more carry. Without kills Shaco ends up being rather useless in team fights, and if you've been taking kills on ganks then that means your true carries are lacking on kills, which leads to poor teamfights. Yes, any carry jungler can wreck hard when facing subpar opponents, but ultimately your team will feel more comfortable with one of the true tier 1 or tier 2 Bruiser/Tank Junglers that offer more than just damage.

Edit: Also...according to LoLKing, Shaco has an overall 48.81% Win Rate...Not 55%, not even sure where you got the 55% from