Liandry's Torment damage carry forward?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Snipawolfe

01-30-2013

I feel like Liandry's is horribly ineffective. Maybe make it "carry forward" the damage not dealt when it's reapplied, like Draven's Wicked Blades?

Perhaps it'd be OP like that (imagine ticks of DoTs reapplying it, like Cass/Teemo/Katarina ulti/etc) but maybe make it to where it only carries forward once per ability?

I really like the item concept but I find it just doesn't work near as well as spending the 3k gold on something that just gives more raw damage or utility. The only time I ever really build it is if I have 1.4k sitting around and a full item build already with a Guise in my inventory. It's honestly more likely that I'd sell the Guise and just go for a different item.. Especially if I don't have sufficient poking abilities to even use the Torment without being an easy target to initiate on.

Opinions?

Mestaaja

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-30-2013

Do you have any idea how op it would be if the damage would carry forward? Just stop building it on champs that it's not meant for, i.e. burst mages. It's meant for ap bruisers, on which it is fine.

Snipawolfe

01-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mestaaja View Post
Do you have any idea how op it would be if the damage would carry forward?
Nope. Why don't you give me an idea of how you think it would be? Especially if, like I said, each ability only carries the damage forward once. (tip: 5% of CURRENT HP times four, unless they're movement impaired)

It's virtually useless even on "AP bruisers" unless they're horribly fed. Which AP bruisers do you propose it should be built on?

TooThowed

01-30-2013

Soooo I build Sunfire/mogs/abyss/rylais and Sorc Boots on Elise, what do you think is next? Liandrys, because the NEED for MAGIC PEN and more HP. Its a luxury and final item but much needed for late games.

Aeziir

01-31-2013

I thought a Rylei's + Liandry's combo would be great cuz of the slow doubling Liandry's effect. I was wrong, total garbage. And the numbers just don't make sense; either make it work the way it says or nerf the numbers so we can make a logical decision before buying it. Even better, have it do damage based on max HP so that it isn't worthless.

4HMan Thanatos

01-31-2013

Sorry to say, but math does proves it point
5% of 2k health is 100 damage... over 3 seconds
10% of 2k health is 200 damage... over 3 seconds

so that's 66 damage per second to a average AP/AD champ if they are even slowed
33 damage per second otherwise

The only way this'll be worth getting IN ANY WAY to me is to 1. a ap champion with plenty of slow in her kit. or 2. "dot" champs that'll keep the extra damage going (teemo's popular for it)

Aungonil

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snipawolfe View Post
Nope. Why don't you give me an idea of how you think it would be? Especially if, like I said, each ability only carries the damage forward once. (tip: 5% of CURRENT HP times four, unless they're movement impaired)

It's virtually useless even on "AP bruisers" unless they're horribly fed. Which AP bruisers do you propose it should be built on?
Build it on Swain, or build it on Vlad with Rylais for the doubled effectiveness. Vlad and Swain also benefit from the other stats on Liandrys(the health).

Slow and % health damage to their entire team. Works very well.

AuMG Vanir

02-01-2013

Rumbleshotgg

Peligrad

02-01-2013

Liandry's is a very solid item for a particular niche of champions.

The item scales off opponent's hp rather than your offensive stats and it gives magic pen.

This makes it a very desirable item for AP bruisers who have high base damages but don't build a ton of AP.

Cho, Rumble, Singed, Alistar, bruiser diana, bruiser nid, Elise, Galio, buiser Mord, naut, Sejuani, Shen, bruiser swain, and Kayle.

These are the kinds of champions that should be building the item.

APCs that are built glass cannon or assassin should not be getting this item...

It's for AP bruisers who do sustained damage, especially ones that bring an appreciable amount of CC.

Basically the same champs builidng Rylai's and IBG build this item...and they complement each other for obvious reasons.

AuMG Vanir

02-01-2013

Except
It does give hp
and has a really handy build path
which is why everyone is building it

EDIT
and it counters people who go a defensive item first that doesnt work
same as BC rush on everyone

like what other build path gives you hp
and good stats
real good stats
and a dot to tick ignite with

Its not perfect but the path is so good that ap's get haunting then build liandry's because its cheapish for its stats.