Anundr, the Totem Warden

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The5lacker

01-30-2013

Name: Anundr, the Totem Warden
Attack: 6
Defense: 5
Ability: 6
Difficulty: 7
Attributes: Melee, Support, Jungler

Base Stats
- Health: 435 (+86)
- Health Regen: 7.4 (+0.7)
- Mana: 200 (+40)
- Mana Regen: 6.5 (+0.6)
- Attack Damage: 52 (+3)
- Attack Speed: 0.625 (+1.8%)
- Attack Range: 175
- Armor: 14 (+3)
- Magic Resist: 30 (+1.25)
- Movement Speed: 340

Abilities

Notes - Totems
- Each of Anundr's basic abilities summon a totem. Totems behave similarly to wards, though they are visible and have a minor aura effect around them. All Active effects from summoning a totem are copied for each totem currently in existence, at any range. Totems last for 3 minutes, have a vision range of 1000, and take three hits to be destroyed, though only grant 10 gold on their destruction. Any particular spell can only make one totem, and their previous totem is destroyed on cast.

- Passive - Primal Totems
- Anundr summons Totems upon spellcast, and his spells are copied for each totem active. Anundr deals 5% more damage for each active totem.

- Q - Totem of Lightning
- Active - Anundr places a totem that crackles with electricity, dealing 30/50/70/90/110 (+0.25 per AP) magic damage per second over 3 seconds to enemies within its area of effect. Enemies within multiple lightning fields only take half damage from each extra one.
- Cost: 45/50/55/60/65 mana
- Cooldown: 7 seconds
- Range: 750
- Radius: 300
- Aura - Nearby allies have their attack speed increased by 5/7.5/10/12.5/15%.
- Radius: 1000

- W - Totem of Frost
- Active - Anundr places a totem that explodes in a cloud of ice, dealing 55/100/145/190/235 (+0.5 per AP) magic damage to nearby enemies and slowing them by 20/25/30/35/40% for 3 seconds. Enemies within multiple blasts only take half damage from each extra blast, and the slow doesn't stack.
- Aura - Nearby allies get 4/6/8/10/12 bonus armor and magic resist.

- E - Totem of Fury
- Active - Anundr places a totem that boils the blood of nearby allies, increasing their attack speeds by 20/30/40/50/60% and their movement speeds by 10/12.5/15/17.5/20% for 4 seconds. Allies effected by multiple buffs have their durations increased by 2 seconds for each additional buff, though the benefits don't stack.
- Aura - Nearby allies gain 4/6/8/10/12 bonus attack damage.

- Ultimate - Thunderous Wrath
- Active - After a brief channel time, Anundr calls down a massive bolt of lightning into him and each of his active totems, dealing 150/225/300 (+1 per AP) magic damage to enemies around each of them. If either Anundr or his totems are within 1500/1750/2000 units of one another, the lightning arcs between them, dealing the same magic damage to enemies within its path. If the lightning arcs enough to close off an area (3 or more totems and/or Anundr all hit one another), enemies within the closed off area take half that damage.
- Cost: 150/175/200 mana
- Cooldown: 120/100/80 seconds
- Blast Radius: 475
- Arc Width: 225

Appearance
Anundr is tall, broad, and old, easily one of the eldest of the Lokfar people. His age has far from caught up to him, however, and he stands straight and tall, wielding a massive spear with ease. Clothed in various skins and leathers, Anundr looks every part the wild shaman from the north, and his hair and beard have been bleached white from age, flowing wildly around his head.

Lore

In the land of Lokfar, life is a precious thing, ever wavering on the brink of being snuffed out forever under the unforgiving cold of the barren landscape. Not few live to old age in such a place, and those who do are revered for their strength, tenacity, and wisdom. Leaders of tribes and potent magicians of their own types, the Wardens of Lokfar offer what little stability can be found in a world as hostile as theirs.

Anundr was the Warden of the Rodhe tribe, and when he heard that the monster Brand had escaped, he made it his sole purpose to recapture the creature, lest it consume the world in its mad fire. Setting out on a ship of his own and guided only by instinct and fate, he eventually landed on the shores of Valoran. Overjoyed to find a fellow Lokfaran on the continent in the form of Olaf, a berserker from a friendly tribe, Anundr has worked to get Brand out of the League's clutches and seal him away back into his prison, lest the Summoners loose their grip in their arrogance.

Quotes
- On Pick: Don't waste my time, summoner.
- On Move: The endless march.
- On Move: I'm going.
- On Move: Lets get this over with.
- On Attack: Crush them!
- On Attack: Pathetic whelps!
- On Attack: The might of Lokfar obeys no one!
- Taunt: Your body will be found in a snowdrift, and no one will mourn your loss.
- Joke: I'm too old for this...

The5lacker

01-31-2013

Bumpin'

Void22

01-31-2013

A support champion eh? Probably about time that one of those were made.

I don't really understand the totem tooltip. It seems to say that making more then one totem of that kind destroys the earlier one but some abilities seem to indicate that there can be more than one.

The Passive fits his kit, but isn't particularly noteworthy in my opinion.

The Q would be, I assume, his main damage dealer. I'm a little puzzled by what per second over three seconds means. Could you please clarify for me? The totems aura suits its placement very well.

The W is a good defensive ability, and would certainly be useful for assassins.

The E I feel is a bit powerful, as it boosts for 60% at max rank for 4 second, and only has a 7 second cooldown.

The ult is an interesting ability. Difficult to use, but very rewarding if done correctly. Nice job.

All in all, a job well done, just please clarify the totem mechanic.

The5lacker

01-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Void22 View Post
A support champion eh? Probably about time that one of those were made.

I don't really understand the totem tooltip. It seems to say that making more then one totem of that kind destroys the earlier one but some abilities seem to indicate that there can be more than one.

The Passive fits his kit, but isn't particularly noteworthy in my opinion.

The Q would be, I assume, his main damage dealer. I'm a little puzzled by what per second over three seconds means. Could you please clarify for me? The totems aura suits its placement very well.

The W is a good defensive ability, and would certainly be useful for assassins.

The E I feel is a bit powerful, as it boosts for 60% at max rank for 4 second, and only has a 7 second cooldown.

The ult is an interesting ability. Difficult to use, but very rewarding if done correctly. Nice job.

All in all, a job well done, just please clarify the totem mechanic.
A basic explanation of how his totems work:

Lets say he drops his Q. That sends out a burst of electricity and places a totem. Now, he casts his W. There's a burst of ice from his Q totem and from his W totem, and now he has two totems. Then he drops his E. Q, W, and E totems all have a burst around them from it. Now lets say he drops his Q again. The original totem from his Q disappears, then the new totem and all the remaining totems have burst of electricity around him. He can only have one totem from any given ability, but each spell is copies for each totem he drops.

Passive isn't supposed to be noteworthy, especially when the other part of it is "Character has infinite wards."

Void22

02-01-2013

Ah. Thank you for the clarification.

The5lacker

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Void22 View Post
Ah. Thank you for the clarification.
Yep. It's a confusing mechanic unless you actually see it. In-game I'd imagine pretty much everyone would pick up on it pretty fast, but on paper...^_^;

The5lacker

02-02-2013

Bumpin'

The5lacker

02-03-2013

Bumpin'

Hi I Like Cats

02-03-2013

You should reword it to something easier like:

Passive: Primal Totem
Each of Anundr's basic abilities summon a totem.
Anundr's auto attacks deal 5% additional damage for each active totem.

- Q - Totem of Lightning
- Active - Anundr calls upon the force of lightning, channeling it through all of his active totems to deal magic damage each second to nearby enemies. Overlapping lightning fields deal 50% less damage to the same target.

W - Totem of Frost
- Active - Anundr blasts a blizzard of ice through all his wards, damaging and slowing nearby enemies. The slow does not stack and enemies hit by multiple wards take reduced damage.

etc....

Also consider using different words instead of "Totem", it's less repetitive.

The5lacker

02-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hi I Like Cats View Post
You should reword it to something easier like:

Passive: Primal Totem
Each of Anundr's basic abilities summon a totem.
Anundr's auto attacks deal 5% additional damage for each active totem.

- Q - Totem of Lightning
- Active - Anundr calls upon the force of lightning, channeling it through all of his active totems to deal magic damage each second to nearby enemies. Overlapping lightning fields deal 50% less damage to the same target.

W - Totem of Frost
- Active - Anundr blasts a blizzard of ice through all his wards, damaging and slowing nearby enemies. The slow does not stack and enemies hit by multiple wards take reduced damage.

etc....

Also consider using different words instead of "Totem", it's less repetitive.
You want repetitive?
http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/Udyr

Also, the problem with your wording is that it doesn't tell HOW each ability drops a totem, it just have a passive which could mean anything and abilities that only specify what happens around each totem. This is one of those abilities I don't think will ever get more intuitive from just reading.