A subscription based ranked league system could fix the broken free one.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SunLeviathan

01-30-2013

it seems to me like a 5 $ or 10$ a month subscription for the ranked ladder would solve the trolling/smurfing problem. maybe add a little value like skin and champion discounts for subscribers.

It would help directly because i think a lot of the bad behavior come from smurfs/trolls who wouldve stopped playing long ago if they had to pay for it. they would get a life or would troll somewhere else.

it would also help to hire judges who would review the cases that cant be effectively reviewed by the current tribunal , which works fine for verbal abuse, but is wholly inadequate for griefing.

I would pay for a clean ranked system which right now is completely broken by smurfs who are afraid of the real world; and trolls who really don't care.

Enterti

01-30-2013

They have a few things coming to hopefully clean ranked up. One thing is the new ranked system which as whole feels much more casual than the old one. The other is being tested on the PBE and I am hoping it makes it into live at some point.

SunLeviathan

01-30-2013

right now i am torn. i want to buy riot points for the 1st time ever; since there's a sale. but with trolling this insane i'm not sure its gonna be worth it. am i going to be playing as much or at all in the future?

Enterti

01-30-2013

Play in normal games more, they have gotten pretty clean I only run into a jackass every 10 or so games now. Ranked is really the only problem child left.

SunLeviathan

01-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enterti View Post
Play in normal games more, they have gotten pretty clean I only run into a jackass every 10 or so games now. Ranked is really the only problem child left.
i play in normal games exclusively right now. but i love to watch the pro games and aspire to get better.

how can i test my mettle playing with people who are not serious? most ppl in normal games ( like me) either try new , untested , things or are simply not that great. i'm the best player in most game i play and that's not a good sign.

Enterti

01-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunLeviathan View Post
i play in normal games exclusively right now. but i love to watch the pro games and aspire to get better.

how can i test my mettle playing with people who are not serious? most ppl in normal games ( like me) either try new , untested , things or are simply not that great. i'm the best player in most game i play and that's not a good sign.
Well you may or may not know this but normals have a hidden Elo to them. So basically if you play like you would in ranked you will eventually be playing with people around your skill level just as you would in ranked. Try Draft Normals, people take them just as seriously as they do ranked in most cases, but don't get super stressed if they lose. Plus Draft Normals are great for practice.

Personally I am waiting for the new system to go live, it is sort of modeled after SC2's system which has always been a favorite of mine. (2200 SC2 rating season 1) It should be a lot less stressful to deal with.

SunLeviathan

01-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enterti View Post
Well you may or may not know this but normals have a hidden Elo to them. So basically if you play like you would in ranked you will eventually be playing with people around your skill level just as you would in ranked. Try Draft Normals, people take them just as seriously as they do ranked in most cases, but don't get super stressed if they lose. Plus Draft Normals are great for practice.

Personally I am waiting for the new system to go live, it is sort of modeled after SC2's system which has always been a favorite of mine. (2200 SC2 rating season 1) It should be a lot less stressful to deal with.
starcraft 2 has a pretty high number of smurfs as well. i played and won ( by the skin of my teeth) against a bronze level with 3300 games won starcraft 2 player. im generally a gold level sc2 player and play against platinum level players. now they defeat me but they were nowhere as good as the 3300 games won bronze level guy.

and the changes they made to the tribunal system i'm afraid will make it worse. like they show now mostly ppl with 5 cases brought against them and multiple reports per case. but what about the no life smurfs who like to walk over new players because they cant win in their own league? these guys know the tribunal system and they can work around it. ever played a 1400 win anivia who never does her ultimate? there's some smart trolls/smurfs out there who ruin the game for everybody.

and for the record i am extremely forgiving for new players. i actually love to give advice. and i only lash out at people who are clearly trolling. and lashing out is a strong word in my case .

altough not all of them take advice. played a 3 cs ( at 7 minutes ) bottom lane apc teemo who couldnt not care less about my advice. but i think he was drunk.

Enterti

01-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunLeviathan View Post
starcraft 2 has a pretty high number of smurfs as well. i played and won ( by the skin of my teeth) against a bronze level with 3300 games won starcraft 2 player. im generally a gold level sc2 player and play against platinum level players. now they defeat me but they were nowhere as good as the 3300 games won bronze level guy.

and the changes they made to the tribunal system i'm afraid will make it worse. like they show now mostly ppl with 5 cases brought against them and multiple reports per case. but what about the no life smurfs who like to walk over new players because they cant win in their own league? these guys know the tribunal system and they can work around it. ever played a 1400 win anivia who never does her ultimate? there's some smart trolls/smurfs out there who ruin the game for everybody.

and for the record i am extremely forgiving for new players. i actually love to give advice. and i only lash out at people who are clearly trolling. and lashing out is a strong word in my case .

altough not all of them take it. played a 3 cs ( at 7 minutes ) bottom lane apc teemo who couldnt not care less about my advice. but i think he was drunk.
Yeah the people who tanked their ratings intentionally were jerks, but they were really really rare. I had been Top of a gold ladder for a long time and when I quit I was ranked 4 in a plat one, though I could not get further because I was pretty much the only player who played random in MMMcraft.

Those are some really weird fringe cases though, you almost never see them even make it to the Tribunal unfortunately, but the new system on the PBE might be able to catch them instead.

I never said you weren't forgiving of new players, all I said was that Draft mode has more people who care about winning than Blind.

SunLeviathan

01-30-2013

than i shall try draft.

i did not feel like you were insulting me .i just felt it could be misunderstood and preempted. i played many online games and always cordially helped new players. i remember what it was like being new; unlike some in the community.

and i play random in sc2

SunLeviathan

01-30-2013

i will wait and see what the new system does to the community. maybe we wont need a subscription based ladder. but i'm certainly not opposed to paying for an enjoyable experience.( lol i reread and saw the double entendre but i'm keeping it in)