Your tears please me

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Interceptor09

01-30-2013

between this and the tribunal forum, the begging, raging, and whining posts by players banned for their poor behavior are
awesome.

its so satisfying after a playing a match ruined by a troll or abusive player - to come in here and read the lamentations of the banned.

my personal favorites are the threads where op starts out apologetic and remorseful, then when he realizes he has little support from the community - and just starts raging in his own thread.

as impotent as the tribunal can seem, these types of threads at least show us that it does have some impact on the community.

SunLeviathan

01-30-2013

i think a troll free ranked ladder is more satisfying.

Enterti

01-30-2013

That is not the right attitude to be coming here with. We are supposed to be helping people understand the system and in the Inquiries section we are supposed to be trying to help them reform even if the vast majority of them do not want nor care to reform. Coming here to ridicule them undermines the entire purpose of the Tribunal system.

Interceptor09

01-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enterti View Post
That is not the right attitude to be coming here with. We are supposed to be helping people understand the system and in the Inquiries section we are supposed to be trying to help them reform even if the vast majority of them do not want nor care to reform. Coming here to ridicule them undermines the entire purpose of the Tribunal system.

I understand and agree with you, but after a string of troll-ridden games last night - please allow me to indulge myself for a quick minute.

Enterti

01-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostbar View Post
I understand and agree with you, but after a string of troll-ridden games last night - please allow me to indulge myself for a quick minute.
Fair enough, though you probably should mention you are venting in the future.

Kantala

01-30-2013

Quote:
I hear GD is probably the best place to vent your frustrations, or a punching bag, or the gym.

Interceptor09

01-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kantala View Post
I hear GD is probably the best place to vent your frustrations, or a punching bag, or the gym.
it was just a jab at banned players who cry/rage on the forums, and to remind them the tribunal does work. but thx for the passive aggressive advice.

Uccisore

01-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enterti View Post
It's just a forum, it's not like I'm getting paid to come here. If I want to be mad and resentful towards all the people who come here whining about how unfair their bans are after they (I have no doubt) they constantly told their teammates "go ahead and report me, Riot won't do anything", then that's what I'm going to do. It's not like they don't deserve it.
I admire you for your noble quest to come here and do your part to educate people and help them reform (no sarcasm intended), but I'm under no obligation to do that just by clicking this section of the forums. And for what it's worth, mockery and spite are perfectly legitimate and effective social re-enforcement tools. You be the carrot, I'll be the stick. Seems like what each of us is best suited to, right?

Calys Teneb

01-30-2013

Quote:
between this and the tribunal forum, the begging, raging, and whining posts by players banned for their poor behavior is awesome.

its so satisfying after a playing a match ruined by a troll or abusive player - to come in here and read the lamentations of the banned.

my personal favorites are the threads where op starts out apologetic and remorseful, then when he realizes he has little support from the community - just starts raging in his own thread.

as impotent as the tribunal can seem, these types of threads at least show us that it does have some impact on the community.
Glad you take pleasure in misery. Hopefully with this attitude you'll find your own ban amusing.

We don't do it for tears. We do it because it's the right thing to do.

Interceptor09

01-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calys Teneb View Post
Glad you take pleasure in misery. Hopefully with this attitude you'll find your own ban amusing.

We don't do it for tears. We do it because it's the right thing to do.

lighten up. I dont break the SC, so I will not be banned. just tossing some trash back the other direction, harmless funpost. dont get your panties all bunched up.