Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Halp me get better at carrying

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Morgan FreeFarm

01-30-2013

by critiquing my gameplay in this match. I'm trying to improve with normals before I even try to carry my way through ranked. I'm not good by any means, but I'm trying to improve. Just quickly browse through this replay if you have the time and tell me areas where I could improve or things I could have done differently.

http://www.leaguereplays.com/replays/match/2744683/

I'd like opinions/criticism regarding my individual gameplay as well (Positioning, ability usage, Summoner usage, decision making, etc.). Having opinions from multiple people, most of whom are probably better than me can only help me improve. +1 for all helpful responses. High Elo is a plus.

Olivertwist

01-30-2013

Hey, I know how you feel. I had the same problems a couple of months ago. I am now 1650 elo up from 1250. Really knowing "how to carry" is more important then doing well by yourself. Staying positive and doing your best to bring the best out of others. I learned this and alot more from this site I found. If you think you need the help check it out. It will help if you put the time into it!! Gl and let me know if you have any more questions!

Check it out and gl

http://69f4fa1ck8srk32i0ey7ohqt5y.hop.clickbank.net/

Morgan FreeFarm

01-31-2013

Bump

Aerostalgic

01-31-2013

Kay so

Positives

You farmed CS and didn't miss any that you could reach/get to.

You followed up with your support in kills.

Negatives
There was a situation(or more than 1) where you could have prevented your support from being slain.(i.e with condemn)
Even though it is "just a support" , early game whether it be a support or you, giving a kill to the enemy in your lane can set you back.

You don't seem to do well farming under the tower.(For future reference, for melee minions ,2 turret shots and an aa is enough to get that cs, for caster minions its an turret shot and an aa, or(depending if that caster minion has not been hit) 1 aa -> turret shot -> 1 aa)

During one of the team fights you placed yourself in a bad position which gave the enemy team access to you. You are the damage for the team and therefore must try to stay alive. I personally stand near someone that can peel bruisers or assassins off me (i.e Nunu) or stand in the middle of all my team mates.

You pushed too hard during early game without any map vision. Its okay to push especially to the enemy turret inorder to set the enemy adc back on CS but you shouldn't push without proper vision on the lake.

In general you did good but part of the many deaths you received is because of the lack of vision. There was atleast 5 situations in which you could have prevented death with some sight wards, and 2 situations where you could have prevented death with vision wards. Of course this is usually the supports job but if for any reason the support isn't warding key areas you should play extremely cautious until you have wards placed / Jungler is nearby.

-Edit-
Oh and yes, sometimes you have to tell your team what to do and how to play, like you'll sometimes have to tell your support to ward. Even though they should know how to play, sometimes you need to control your team like they are ****ing monkeys.

Dehorn

01-31-2013

1. know your champ. ez has an escape and burst so he can be aggressive. ashe has no burst and no escape, play passive.

2. farm... so you have farm. try not to run around the map unless you know youll be pushing or 5v5 fighting. if your bot alone and you see a 3v3 happening mid, let them fight. they dont need you, enjoy your free farm.

3. positioning. sit back and stay alive. stop running into the center of fights, you will die. if you have 2 bruisers running for you, run away. its your teams job to keep them off of you.

thats all you really need to learn as adc.

Morgan FreeFarm

02-01-2013

Quote:
Aerostalgic:
Kay so

Positives

You farmed CS and didn't miss any that you could reach/get to.

You followed up with your support in kills.

Negatives
There was a situation(or more than 1) where you could have prevented your support from being slain.(i.e with condemn)
Even though it is "just a support" , early game whether it be a support or you, giving a kill to the enemy in your lane can set you back.

You don't seem to do well farming under the tower.(For future reference, for melee minions ,2 turret shots and an aa is enough to get that cs, for caster minions its an turret shot and an aa, or(depending if that caster minion has not been hit) 1 aa -> turret shot -> 1 aa)

During one of the team fights you placed yourself in a bad position which gave the enemy team access to you. You are the damage for the team and therefore must try to stay alive. I personally stand near someone that can peel bruisers or assassins off me (i.e Nunu) or stand in the middle of all my team mates.

You pushed too hard during early game without any map vision. Its okay to push especially to the enemy turret inorder to set the enemy adc back on CS but you shouldn't push without proper vision on the lake.

In general you did good but part of the many deaths you received is because of the lack of vision. There was atleast 5 situations in which you could have prevented death with some sight wards, and 2 situations where you could have prevented death with vision wards. Of course this is usually the supports job but if for any reason the support isn't warding key areas you should play extremely cautious until you have wards placed / Jungler is nearby.

-Edit-
Oh and yes, sometimes you have to tell your team what to do and how to play, like you'll sometimes have to tell your support to ward. Even though they should know how to play, sometimes you need to control your team like they are ****ing monkeys.

Good evaluation. I was aware of my problems farming under my tower, and I really appreciate the info about last hitting under it. I also noticed my positioning mistake in that teamfight in the jungle. I got cocky trying to poke, so Darius and Eve made me pay for it. I'll also have to re-evaluate the replay myself to see the places where I could have saved my support, and I'll have to try and notice moments like that during real-time as well. +1'ed. I'll try to use all of your advice.

Morgan FreeFarm

02-01-2013

Bump for more great tips. I look forward to moving into ranked gameplay soon.

Aerostalgic

02-01-2013

You're welcome for the advice, but i can't think of any other advice on ADC other than what i said unless you want me to go into specific detail about every adc, their synergy with specific supports, and the situational items for Adcs.

I dont mind doing this but it'd take a second to type out.