Oracle's used in about 0.12% of games

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tails66

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-30-2013

Maybe just buff the timer to like 7 minutes.

Dralun

01-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by florrie View Post
Last until death = little risk high reward
5 minutes with current price = little risk medium reward (let's be honest, it's not a little reward)

Maybe make it last 5 minutes guaranteed but definitely not like it used to be.

I get tired of having to buy expensive wards when the enemy jungler can come along and destroy them every time I place one.
Oracle's was actually considered to be a risky item to buy in season 2. It's worth 400 gold, and while you don't actually get the gold from killing the player with oracle's, you did cost the opposing team 400 gold on something they are no longer even able to use. If the Oracle's never did much in the course of it's use, it was certainly a big loss.

Tolfor

01-30-2013

Alright, the questionable accuracy of the OP's statistic aside, I want to lay something out to you guys gettin' all angry about Oracles having a max duration. Just hang on for a second and hear me out:

A pink ward costs 125 gold, right? And as far as I know nobody has a problem with that price. It lasts for three minutes and it can't move. If the enemy gets truesight on it, it can be destroyed before its duration runs out - granting the destroyer 25 gold (AKA 1/5 of the ward's original price).

The on the other hand we have Oracle's Elixir, now re-tooled to have a maximum duration of 5 minutes. So it lasts 66% longer than a pink ward, AND it's attached to a champion, which means it's completely mobile, allowing the purchaser to roam around killing enemy wards, giving you 25 gold for each one you take out (AKA 1/16 of the elixir's original price). It too can be countered before the end of its duration by killing the champion using it... which is considerably harder than knocking out a stationary ward that takes three hits. And it only costs 225 gold more than a pink ward.

Given the benefits that Oracle's has over pink wards and the minimal cost difference, I think it's entirely fair.

bruce ıee

01-30-2013

Why does it even need to exist, though? I'm glad that it's never bought anymore, it made the game even more snowbally. Once you had a lead, you could completely deny vision of your opponents while warding up their jungle constantly. It made it so you shouldn't even spend money on wards until you somehow manage to take down that ridiculously tanky Cho/Mundo/Taric/etc.
Pink wards should be enough to control and deny vision as needed.