Is there a reason why Hecarim is never played

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LePWNa

01-30-2013

His early game sucks.

FacePunching101

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overlord Priere View Post
He did get a big nerf with the boots update. Since he scales on bonus move speed, his passive doesn't do nearly as much for him now.
this is incorrect, theres a red post somewhere saying that they kept Hecarims base bonus the same as pre boots tweek.

Mushroom0rdinary

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

01-30-2013

Look at my ranked stats. These pony haters have no clue!

Rpture Jarvan

01-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkestluna View Post
I don't now about anyone else, but for season 3 I have found the secret to Hecarim is 0/9/21 masteries. Runes are ArPen reds, armor yellows, scaling MR blues and MS quints.

While everyone views Hecarim as the tank, he's not a standard tank through building extreme resistances. He's a tank through sheer survivability and utility. That's why I find after getting a Warmogs, IBG and Spirit Visage you should build a Hextech Gunblade and Ravenous Hydra. Those AOE spellvamp heals combined with sheen proc AOE auto attacks. That's why I find the defensive tree poor for him except for the necessary jungle masteries.

With utility you increase his HP Regen through mana (IBG synergy). You have increased MS (passive synergy). You have increased LS/SV (jungle sustain and W synergy). You gain extra gp/10 (synergy on Hecarim being gold reliant, this gives you the gold you need). It gives you mana regen and more mana (Hecarim is blue reliant).

To my eyes, the utility tree is far better than the defense tree for Hecarim.
So basically, you took xj9's build/runes/masteries and try to play it off as ur own idea? Cool story bro tell it again

Livingsword

01-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by StonerSundays View Post
Glitchy? its a "next attack" modifier. IE:Works on towers and applies onhit effects. I find no issues with this skill.
I've run straight into champs from the opposite direction (head on collision) after an E and he gets pushed to the right instead of backwards and stuff like that.

Overlord Priere

01-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krono957 View Post
this is incorrect, theres a red post somewhere saying that they kept Hecarims base bonus the same as pre boots tweek.
Ok, I looked it up, broke out excell, and calculated fore a considerable amount of time. I'll admit I'm wrong.

Under most circumstances, Hecarim is equal to, or stronger than he was pre-season-3.

The zeal and triforce nerfs hurt him more than the boots nerf (if you buy those on him).

At high levels, season 2 Hec with triforce is weaker than season 3 Hec with triforce, but If you get the alacrity upgrade on the boots, it more than makes up for the difference.

Well, that explains why I've been winning games with him this season.

Fathootz

01-30-2013

He needs lotsa gold...is why i always go to lane and aoe the **** out of my teams minions.

chumbler

01-30-2013

He has a somewhat shaky early game to make up for being an absolute monster late game. Some people don't like that type of champion, or maybe just the things Hecarim does don't really appeal to them. Also yeah, his E can be really weird sometimes for where it decides to boot people.

Anyway, murderhorse owns, play murderhorse.