Is there a reason why Hecarim is never played

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CoNmAn621

01-30-2013

I love initiating with his ult and being able to just stand there while their whole teams is beating on me.

Also, There have just been too many times that I've been charging in with E and stopped JUST short or somehow targeted a nearby minion. So anticlimactic :/

darkestluna

01-30-2013

I don't now about anyone else, but for season 3 I have found the secret to Hecarim is 0/9/21 masteries. Runes are ArPen reds, armor yellows, scaling MR blues and MS quints.

While everyone views Hecarim as the tank, he's not a standard tank through building extreme resistances. He's a tank through sheer survivability and utility. That's why I find after getting a Warmogs, IBG and Spirit Visage you should build a Hextech Gunblade and Ravenous Hydra. Those AOE spellvamp heals combined with sheen proc AOE auto attacks. That's why I find the defensive tree poor for him except for the necessary jungle masteries.

With utility you increase his HP Regen through mana (IBG synergy). You have increased MS (passive synergy). You have increased LS/SV (jungle sustain and W synergy). You gain extra gp/10 (synergy on Hecarim being gold reliant, this gives you the gold you need). It gives you mana regen and more mana (Hecarim is blue reliant).

To my eyes, the utility tree is far better than the defense tree for Hecarim.

Micalas

01-30-2013

Because XJ9 plays him and no one wants to have anything in common with XJ9.

HSN4LIFE

01-30-2013

Hecarim's like a free win for me. God bless america for him not being popular, though. I'd hate to see him become flavor of the month and get nerfed.

Most people just don't know how to build him.

Gewcebawcks

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-30-2013

Heca is GREAT!
He's my go to jungle. He is a boss late game, and his ganks are dope if you know what you're doing.
This isn't incredibly popular, but I like to run tele/smite, and then go for homeguard. As others have said, his early ganks are pretty bad, so I typically tele-gank a lane when returning to the battlefield. If everyone is pushed, I will go back to jungle. I try to gank at 3, but again, his early dps isn't fantastic. Once you can tower dive effectively, especially when you can telegank with homeguard, use E, and chase down fleeing enemies, or that pesky ADC on the back line.

JoeyMakesMagic

01-30-2013

There are over 100 champs. They can't all be popular, especially when he doesn't see use in competitive 5s. If some pro team were to run him in their team comp, you would see a lot more people playing the ponyboy.

Cynicatt

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felaedor View Post
Because he's very reliant on gold to scale, and junglers still aren't getting too damn much of it.

And his ganks definitely aren't THAT good. They're passable, but they're not incredible.
This, every hec I see has a ridiculously hard time getting into bot for a successful gank without using his ult unless he walked in at the exact perfect time.

StonerSundays

01-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade Rook View Post
This, every hec I see has a ridiculously hard time getting into bot for a successful gank without using his ult unless he walked in at the exact perfect time.
Appraoch from the rear push adc forward. Yay you ganked as Hec. ADC flashes away, ult to chase. Yay. Pre lvl 6, from da rear, never fear.

SpderMan

01-30-2013

never gets played? i clicked on him 5 times in spectate thinking it was thresh ._.

CosmicNoodle

01-30-2013

He is focused on being a jungler and there are other junglers who are just more fun? Maybe?