Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Top/bot lane switch tips

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kairu777

01-30-2013

I have looked through the forums and couldn't really find specifically top/bot lane switching so I wanted to ask if anyone had tips for being the solo vs bot lane. I specifically had in mind to use Cho'gath or Yorick. I also realize the goal is to survive and try to at least have more cs than the opponent solo laner. But other than that, if you have any specific play tips that would be great.

Maou

01-30-2013

The whole point of a top lane bot lane switch from what I have done and seen, is you need to destroy the top tower with your adc/support like almost instantly or you're wasting time for your bot lane. All you really need to to bot is just survive long enough to where you can get some jungle pressure or top drops the tower.

Any top laner with some form of a harass or sustain can last pretty well. Yorick and Cho work really well, I also find I can 2 v 1 with Jayce. Obviously Olaf, Shen, Irelia. Just your general bruisers usually work rather well imo.

CZG Wisdom

Recruiter

01-30-2013

Get either a ranged champ or someone with good sustain

Those could work really well :

Shen, Nidalee, Jayce

Kairu777

01-30-2013

Ok thanks for those tips I tried practicing with some guys and a friend was mentioning like not pushing the lane, when to go b when the lane is pushed, how to not get too zoned out, stuff like that. That is the stuff I don't really understand. Idk if i am being too technical though and if i should even worry bout that though.

Hassohappa

01-30-2013

Zed is pretty good at 2v1ing as well, although he is also item reliant enough that it might not be a great idea for him to do it.

The big issue with trying to swap in soloqueue is that a lot of people don't have any clue what they need to do as the duo lane. Some people will still just passively farm instead of zoning the **** out of the enemy top and/or shoving down their tower rapidly. If they don't abuse their advantage well and the enemy 2v1 does then you're crippling yourself for no real gain.

Kairu777

01-30-2013

Ok thanks Hassohappa, I do have a team and I am confident that my adc/support would definitely go for the kills quickly. They need some work with zoning possibly but they got good combos (mostly they play leona/trist). Would anyone suggest lane swapping more for defensive or offensive purposes for my team? thanks!

Mothalius

01-30-2013

If you're going to switch like that, get a jungler who doesn't need blue (lee sin for example) and give blue to bot so he can spam abilities to stay alive. It works. Teams did it in the qualifier matches.

Kairu777

01-30-2013

Mothalius I did not think of that that is a great idea. Thanks!