Jungle Thresh?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NuHack

01-30-2013

I'm wondering what anyones opinions are on this. I have had success in norms with it and it sure is fun having your team flame you then you come out with all the ganks. I have a video demonstrationg how I have found my best way to play him. Post up your vids of his jungle play as well if you could
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cAacB1mpcho

Peligrad

01-30-2013

Um...your Garen dies and gives up FB because he tanked so much of your blue for you...and you still use all 5 of your potions before your first clear...

How can you call that success? At all?

Tkul

01-30-2013

Thresh needs to be near continual minion deaths to snowball. 20% drop on souls is too low for jungle. Nasus has a very similar proble with getting his q built up in the jungle but he can sacrifice time for last hits. There is nothing thresh can do to incease his odds of getting soul stacks

KoR Asura

01-30-2013

I tried this once... Doesn't work... None of thresh abilities help clear the jungle camps fast enough. Also he's Q which does the most damage out of all of skills does less dmg the more you use it... Top and support works but jungle thresh is thrash.

IonDragonX

01-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tkul View Post
Thresh needs to be near continual minion deaths to snowball. 20% drop on souls is too low for jungle. There is nothing thresh can do to incease his odds of getting soul stacks
You are mistaken. The drop rate is 33% for small minions and monsters BUT it scales up or down. The scale is determined by your current number of souls compared to a hidden quota over time. If you are ahead, less drop. If you are behind, more drop. Sort of like the crit mechanic, jungle Thresh will get souls.

This is beyond the guaranteed 5 souls from the big monsters.

If you are going to jungle Thresh, gank lanes all the time, just to put the enemy off of their farm and collect a chunk of souls.

All of Thresh's spells apply the burn from the Spirit of the Elder Lizard. They also all qualify for double damage from Liandry's Torment but that won't help you jungle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoR Asura View Post
None of thresh abilities help clear the jungle camps fast enough.
Start with 10% CDR from runes+masteries. Rush a SEL for another 10%. With blue buff, you have max CDR.
Max E for the aoe damage. With full CDR, it will be up every 4.2 seconds and apply 3 second burn in between casts.

NuHack

01-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peligrad View Post
Um...your Garen dies and gives up FB because he tanked so much of your blue for you...and you still use all 5 of your potions before your first clear...

How can you call that success? At all?
Unfortunately at the time I didn't have my normal friends able to que a game for me to leash in a manner that wouldn't involve top taking damage.

I'm no high elo player and this wasn't intended for anything other than fun in norms. Is it viable for solo que? Not in my opinion, is it funny to have people flame you and have them tell you they have never seen anyone succesfully jungle Thresh before while helping win lanes with fun gank? It sure is.

Thanks for the flames, opinions, and rune/mastery options to consider.

Peligrad

01-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuHack View Post

Thanks for the flames, opinions, and rune/mastery options to consider.
Haha, well u've got a good attitude toward it.

I don't think jungle Thresh is all that good...that said... roaming support thresh is pretty decent.

You get those fun ganks, you gank the lanes that have lots of minions to collect more souls.

You shadow your jungler when possible and collect those souls too.

If you have a decent soloist for an AD and gank bottom a lot, this works out pretty well.

CaptainFurious

01-31-2013

Jungle thresh is entertaining, the clear time is pretty slow (I maxed his W then his E just for the clear) but the ganks are hilariously awesome

Regulas

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-31-2013

This would be viable if it weren't for his lack of ability to clear early on, originally Thresh was actually supposed to be viable as a jungler but they ended up nerfing this not too long before his release.

NuHack

01-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peligrad View Post
Haha, well u've got a good attitude toward it.

I don't think jungle Thresh is all that good...that said... roaming support thresh is pretty decent.

You get those fun ganks, you gank the lanes that have lots of minions to collect more souls.

You shadow your jungler when possible and collect those souls too.

If you have a decent soloist for an AD and gank bottom a lot, this works out pretty well.
Haha, thanks. I try to keep a good attitude in games and the internet in general. The community is so hostile as it is already. He really is fun roaming mid and even ward TP top =P