Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[Game] [Major] Skipping ahead, e.g. from Gold V to Gold III

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zoelef

01-30-2013

Good morning, after reaching Gold V earlier this week and starting at zero points, my next four matches went as follows: Win and immediately placed into Promo Series, then W-L-W and promoted from Gold V to Gold III.

Questions:
1.) Is it normal to skip divisions in any capacity while in a promotion series?
2.) If #1 is Yes, is it influenced by one's own MMR?
3.) If #1 is No, could my previous double-promotion (http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=3051848) have anything to do with it?

Attached are a screencap of the promotion, my dxdiag info, and this morning's client logs. Let me know if you need anything else.

Shadelx

Recruiter

01-30-2013

leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=33925938#33925938
Yes this is normal because you must have a high hidden MMR as you can observe in this post

Wards win games

01-30-2013

This is normal, as stated above, abit more background on the above.

The numbers to progress through tiers are HIGHLY HIGHLY Lowered on the PBE.
This is because
A) The PBE does not have as many active players
B) To test all aspects of the system, and allow players to progress through different ranks (Even if they would not normally on the normal realms).

tl;dr matches are giving you more MMR than they would on live realm.

DrChubs

01-30-2013

This is all part of the race to challenger tier thread.

Zoelef

01-30-2013

I honestly haven't read the Challenge Tier thread until now, and that answered all of my questions rather efficiently. Thank you all for your responses.

Wards win games

01-30-2013

Quote:
Zoelef:
I honestly haven't read the Challenge Tier thread until now, and that answered all of my questions rather efficiently. Thank you all for your responses.

Thank you for your honesty! Bump to the top; maybe you'll encourage others to actually give it a read o.-