Teamwork question.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Casmaran

01-30-2013

I'm new at this game, and I haven't had any issues with other players rating me as a good team player so far. At this point I have only been playing beginner AI matches. One match I was basically doing support/jungle and as I was passing thru a lane I saw an opportunity to assist another player in killing a champ, I don't remember who initiated the charge on the champ, but I ended up getting an assist, and the other player called me a kill stealer..

Now my impression of this game is that its a teamwork based system, so everyone benefits from a dead champ in the long run. Is there some unwritten rule about "ganking" if you see an opening and are fully prepared to follow thru with an attack?

So far I have only been on the AI matches, im sure things are diffrent when you go after other players.

asmit10z

01-30-2013

In non ranked and coop vs ai games, a kill is a kill. It's only when you start getting into high-ish elo that you should start worrying about who gets what kills. Most of the time you want to give the kill to your ADC, as this will allow your team to do more damage and get more kills.

As long as you aren't actually stealing the kill, don't worry about it.

Mothalius

01-30-2013

As a support, you should never get the kill. Ever. All you want is gp/5 items and assists. Now obviously you will accidentally land a kill or two every now and then, but you should leave them for other players.

The player who said you ks'd him after you simply got an assist however, doesn't know what he's talking about. Supports are supposed to get assists. And if you're jungling, and you show up for a gank, you or that lane can both get the kill it doesn't matter. The person laning doesn't hold the rights to all kills in his lane. Jungler gets it, good job. Laner gets it, good job. Support gets it, eh try not to do that.

Jericho Hombre

01-30-2013

You say you got an assist and they called you a kill stealer? That person was clearly an idiot, since you didn't get the kill.

Even if you did, it's not a kill steal if two people go in on a champ, or you help out because your teammate might die if you don't.

As far as I'm concerned ks = kill secured. (Maybe not with supports at higher level, but it still benefits the carry to get free farm time to get ahead.)

Mothalius

01-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jericho Hombre View Post
You say you got an assist and they called you a kill stealer? That person was clearly an idiot, since you didn't get the kill.

Even if you did, it's not a kill steal if two people go in on a champ, or you help out because your teammate might die if you don't.

As far as I'm concerned ks = kill secured. (Maybe not with supports at higher level, but it still benefits the carry to get free farm time to get ahead.)
The difference between a kill steal and a kill secure:

Kill steal is when you are clearly going to get the kill, you've got more than enough health to survive anything if hurt at all, the enemy you're hitting has like 100 health, is stunned and isn't going anywhere, can't go anywhere or do anything. And Veigar comes in and ults him @____@. Kill steal.

Kill secure is where you're chasing someone who is obviously going to get away. You're ADC burned their flash, their ghost, their cooldowns and can not reach them. So you, generally being close to the enemy or having the ability to finish them off, kill them because if you don't they will get away. Kill secure.

OriginalJack

01-30-2013

You should never activity try to steal kills from people but even the support getting the kill is better than them getting away.