Malz Support - Thoughts

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kaysler

01-30-2013

AOE silence, Dot(Wave push) AOE Zone, Supression ult...plus his little minion.

Runes
I was thinking building his runes to have some ad reds (buff his minion) then standard support runes (armor or health, CDR or MR, gold quints)

Concept
Build a zeke's then situation.
use your dot on champs directly unless your ADC wants to push to turret then throw it on a minion and the ADC can still last hit with it on, zone bushes or last hits using his AOE zone, suppression ult can be used in teamfights to lock someone up after initial CC is used.

Downside
I think it could work. sure you might Secure some kills here and there but i feel he could be a bully with his minion chasing the enemy adc or support in lane.

IDK what his minions exact ad scaling is like so maybe that approach of buffing his minion for lane isn't as good as some flat AP or magPen. feedback?

Kaysler

01-30-2013

Bump for thoughts.

Kaysler

01-30-2013

If you put him with a Pusher style ADC you could push and roam bottom jungle and mid with adc here and there, definite ward coverage at opponent jungle exits and buffs for the roam.

SilencedSummoner

01-30-2013

i did this in blind pick normal...worked suprisingly well

Kaysler

01-30-2013

Do you recall rune set up?
Maybe even a full AP book with gold quints.

InSpades

01-30-2013

Done this is blind normals, also a couple S2 ranked. It can work well, if their side isn't to mobile.

Kaysler

01-30-2013

You're right about the mobility, one thing I didn't consider, but if they use mobility to run from my voidling or my pool then they aren't going to dodge my ADC or jungler's spells possibly.

I don't play malz but I main support and I'm looking for hidden talent in the roster, Anivia is too mana dependant, karth is too damage oriented, same issue with gragas (S1 gragas taric kill lane was a blast),

InSpades

01-30-2013

The issue is that Mal has no way out other then flash and no cc except his ult (single target). If they close on you (blitz, leona, thresh, ez, cork, etc) and you blow all your cooldowns you better hope you are winning the fight, because you aren't doing anything for the next 10 seconds or so.

Kaysler

01-30-2013

I have a silence too for disengage...but i'm sure that's harder to hit during a retreat than I am assuming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by InSpades View Post
The issue is that Mal has no way out other then flash and no cc except his ult (single target). If they close on you (blitz, leona, thresh, ez, cork, etc) and you blow all your cooldowns you better hope you are winning the fight, because you aren't doing anything for the next 10 seconds or so.

Kaolla

01-30-2013

the little jerks you make push the wave. he has nothing to protect his carry until he gets ult. he has nothing to hard engage until he gets his ult

it's really no better than "random anychar support?"

what do you think about fizz support i can throw a fish at 6 lul. no