How does the towers work?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Luxiere

01-30-2013

Until now, I'm still confused about how those towers work.

Let's say Xin Zhao, Olaf, and Ezreal are diving a Teemo and I'm the Xin. When we're all in turret range With Olaf and Ezreal smacking Teemo the tower kept targetting me when I'm not even hitting Teemo at all. Even if someone goes in first- I always find it targetting me instead. What's the logic in this?

Also, will the towers not hit you if you are in turret range and you poke from the corners? Are the projectiles slower? I've had this Draven once who was certainly in tower range but he was in the corner hitting me and the tower never targetted him.

Teach me about towers GD!

Eugenides

01-30-2013

Turrets will pick a target and stay on it until it's dead. The only exception is if it is targeting a minion and a champion deals damage to another champion.

If you attack an enemy champion in range of an enemy turret, it will switch to you. Note that once it switches to you for damaging an enemy champion, it will not switch to an ally until you die.

The way poking works is that they have a brief targeting period. Likely what Draven was doing was running in when the turret was targeting a minion, poking you and using his speed boost to run out of range before it could lock on and fire a shot.

Cynicatt

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-30-2013

If there's nothing for the turret to attack and you enter its range first, it will attack you.

If it's targetting a minion, it will attack whoever does damage to champions under it first.

The turret will stay on you until you die as long as you stay in range.

Abilities like Master Yi's alpha strike, Le Blanc's clone split, Fiora's ult, and Fizz's playful/trickster will reset turret aggro if there's another champion under the turret to switch focus to.

octavian1127

01-30-2013

Twisted Advance and Troll Pool also break targeting