How does the queue delay work?!!?!?!?!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rito Hates Me

01-30-2013

I just dodged my second game today.

The first one I left because of trolls, got a 5 minute wait time.

I leave again because of trolls and now its 1 hour.

usually it goes from a few 5 minute delays, to 30 minutes, and then finally to 1 hour.

How does this system work?

Beas7ie

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-30-2013

It's designed to punish you for for not wanting to play with trolls.

Seriously though in normals it keeps adding time. I've had it go from 5 minutes to 15 minutes to 30 minutes.

If you dodge ranked it starts at 30 and if you dodge again it goes up to an hour. I've haven't been able to play a ranked game in several days because of this cumulative dodge combined with all the trolls and/or "midorfeed" jerks in champ select and I am just tired of losing elo to **** like this. It's a bad system but on the other hand if it wasn't used then NO ONE would get to play because everyone and their mom would dodge over every little thing.

Praelox

01-30-2013

As you leave more and more, LeaverBuster marks you as a player who leaves a lot, and you get banned from queue for a longer duration. If you played many games without leaving, LeaverBuster would mark you down, and leaving times would be shortened (unless you started to frequently leave again).

Talisid

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-30-2013

In normals the timers start at 5 mins and increase with consecutive dodges 5/15/30 (caps at 30).

In ranked it starts at 30 mins and immediately climbs to 1 hour and is capped at 1 hour.

There's a certain rate at which the timer decays if you haven't dodged recently.

Talisid

01-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Praelox View Post
As you leave more and more, LeaverBuster marks you as a player who leaves a lot, and you get banned from queue for a longer duration. If you played many games without leaving, LeaverBuster would mark you down, and leaving times would be shortened (unless you started to frequently leave again).
Leaverbuster has nothing to do with the queue dodge penalty.

It also can't get you banned unless you abuse it extensively (you have dodge well over 50% of the games you queue up for).

Beas7ie

01-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Praelox View Post

Leaverbuster =/= dodge penalty

Rito Hates Me

01-30-2013

it just caught me off guard because usually i can leave a lot of lobbies before getting the 1 hour, i haven't left one in a few days, and, on my second one today it goes straight to 1 hour.