New AP/Crit Item Suggestion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RedEdge

01-30-2013

Name: Hextech Rifle

Price: 1000g

Recipe: Amplifying Tome(435g) + Brawler's Gloves(400g)

Combine cost: 165

Item effects:
+20 Ability Power
+10% Critical Strike Chance
Unique Passive: Your Critical Strike deal 80 bonus magic damage.
Unique Active: Grant 100% Critical Strike Chance for 3 second or 1 Critical Strike (60 second cooldown)
================================================== ======
Name: Hextech Sniper

Price: 3000g

Recipe: Hextech Rifle(1000g) + Cloak of Agility(730g) + Blasting Wand(860g)

Combine cost: 410g

Item effects:
+60 Ability Power
+30% Critical Strike Chance
Unique Passive: Your Critical Strike deal (100+1 AP ratio) bonus magic damage.
Unique Passive: Critical Strike against champions reduce the cooldown of this item by 6 seconds.
Unique Active: Grant 100% Critical Strike Chance for 3 second or 1 Critical Strike (60 second cooldown)

The basic idea is that there doesnt seem like there are enough items that give AP and Crit so i thought to add one.
Hextech Sniper would be used when someone want to be a mage at the early game but late into the Carry play.(AutoAttack)
So, Tryndamere,Tristana,Master Yi,etc will benifit most from it.

Ex. Tryndamere
Tryndamere can build Hextech Rifle in the early game to get more AP and Crit.
His Q will heal him more (1.5 AP ratio), and his E will deal more damage (1.0AP ratio).
The E's cooldown is reduced by 2 seconds whenever Tryndamere critically strikes.
And Critical strike can let Tryndamere get more fury.
In the late game, build Hextech Sniper+Deathcap+Phantom Dancer (9000g)
He can get 225upAP.(Q heal 600up HP, E deal 300up damage)
95%Critical Chance, and each Critical Strike deal 325up Magic damage.
plus Attack Damage, each attack deal 550up Total damage.
If we choice another build, IE+PD+LW.(9100g)(90%Crit Chance)
it only deal 550up damage and 35% Armor Penetration, with out more heal and E's damage.
Hex Sniper will be a new choice for Tryndamere

Ex.Tristana
Her W+E+R have 3.3 AP ratio(W0.8+E1.0+R1.5)
Hextech Rifle will give her a huge magic damage in the early-mid game, because of its Active and AP.
And she can build Hextech Sniper to be a Caster in the mid game.
After, Build PD or Statikk Shiv will help her have 50%up Critical Chance and deal 160 magic damage and 150up Attack Damage each Critical Strike.
Don't forget Tristana's long Range and "W+E+R+Hextech Sniper's Active", it also works.

Some AP ratio ADRs, like Kennen, Ahri, Corki ,etc will have the same choice like Tristana.
So, are Hextech Sniper and Hextech Rifle turely useless?

JustMyBassCannon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-30-2013

What would be the point of this? There isn't a champion who would want this that isn't already in a solid position (i.e. Jax, Akali, Skarner) as far as damage is concerned.

Peligrad

01-30-2013

AP and crit have no synergy, what so ever.

There isn't a single ability in the game with an AP ratio that applies on hit effects...

so this item would be unused...

NA Rukhron

01-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peligrad View Post
AP and crit have no synergy, what so ever.

There isn't a single ability in the game with an AP ratio that applies on hit effects...

Mystic Shot
Urchin Strike

And I didn't mentioned the on-next-hit abilities that have AP Ratio

67chrome

01-30-2013

80 bonus magic damage on a critical strike is pretty considerable, though that also seems to move critical strikes in the direction nobody likes them for - were you're doing ok in a fight then get obliterated from a lucky crit.

Beyond that AP and AD itemization has no synergy because they don't multiply together like all AD or AP stats do among themselves, though the AP ratio on critical strike damage seems like an interesting way to circumvent this, at least for scaling with attack speed and critical strike chance. Even with that a 1-1 AP ratio isn't nearly as cost-effective as attack damage or armor penetration for scaling damage - so whoever gets this likely has solid AP ratios on a variety of abilities. Or decides to go a Malady + Nashoor's Tooth route. The 100% critical strike chance seems like something it wouldn't get, considering it's almost the same thing as Sword of the Divine's active - but has no itemization relation to it. With that I could see such an item grabbed by mages for a Lichbane effect. Or even grabbed with Lichbane.

Overall it seems like an interesting item to contemplate, not sure how I really feel about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peligrad View Post

Critical strikes aren't even an on-hit effect - the only abilities that apply it specifically state they use critical strikes.

Galgus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by NA Rukhron View Post
Mystic Shot
Urchin Strike

And I didn't mentioned the on-next-hit abilities that have AP Ratio
Mystic Shot doesn't crit.

RedEdge

01-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67chrome View Post
Or decides to go a Malady + Nashoor's Tooth route. The 100% critical strike chance seems like something it wouldn't get, considering it's almost the same thing as Sword of the Divine's active - but has no itemization relation to it. With that I could see such an item grabbed by mages for a Lichbane effect. Or even grabbed with Lichbane.

Overall it seems like an interesting item to contemplate, not sure how I really feel about it.
Maybe i should give some example to explain how it works on a champion.
So i renew my post.

ZosZos

01-31-2013

I think it's a genius idea, to be able to have some AP on carrys (Yi, Trynd, etc.) then have it still a useful in the late game. I also really like the idea of some extra magic damage on crits.

ZosZos

01-31-2013

I like it.

ilutias

01-31-2013

ad sion would be proud.
or ap if u can build ap at early and then cange to crit attack speed build. thats a good idea.