Does ignite make sense on Lux?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lvl 8 Psyduck

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-30-2013

Teleport is better on her

but Ignite is not bad on anyone

Dewtrocity

01-30-2013

Well in lane it can help you get some kills/win trades you might not have won without it, but of course later on there are better spells, but the question is would you rather have better late game spells or a spell that can help you get a kill or two in lane? Also just having Ignite can scare a low health enemy from going anywhere near you thus making them go back or giving you free zone. I wouldn't go Heal though considering the enemy probably went Ignite.

Another thing to mention is that Ignite is actually pretty usefull in the late game, if you are in a battle and one of your opponent's has a lot of lifesteal an ignite on them can make a huge difference and I'd argue that it would be a bigger difference than any other summoner spell for the most part.

Pessimist

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-30-2013

tp or exhaust

cleanse is situational, so is barrier/heal

Awaken Easley

01-30-2013

Ignite always has a purpose, early game or not.

What's the counter to health stacking?

Life-steal.

What's the counter to Life-steal?

Ignite.

Jetstream417

01-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelPants View Post
I know it's a big part of her burst early game, but it becomes all but useless late game on her. It's the same reason people don't build DFG on her - you're never in range to use it. I always take Ignite on her, but lately I've been wondering if a different summoner spell would be a bigger asset on her. Maybe teleport, barrier (triple shield bait ftw), or something else...
If you're not in range to use DFG, you're playing Lux wrong. Just being honest.

DFG has a larger range than her AA, which you should do after each and every dmging skill to maximize your damage from your passive. Combine your passive with an Early Sheen, and free kill from just AA'ing.

On topic: Ignite is about as useful on her as any other mid champ, albeit I prefer taking teleport to be able to get back to my lane early game, and then to Homeguard-gank-snare mid-late game.

ExaltedVanguard

01-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoliothOnline View Post
God-like-burst....

damn guys i must be asleep.... thought we were talking about Lux, not LeBlanc
If I remember correctly, her base damage on her three-spell burst (QRE) + passive is something like 1500 damage. That's pretty respectable.

Personally, I use teleport or heal. I'll also occasionally run clairvoyance. Some guy trying to juke your jungler? Nope. Bot lane fighting and they're going to use bushes? Nope. Think they're giving blue to their mid? They just gave it to you.

Tartarus

01-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetstream417 View Post

DFG has a larger range than her AA, which you should do after each and every dmging skill to maximize your damage from your passive. Combine your passive with an Early Sheen, and free kill from just AA'ing.
Early game, this is somewhat true, but it becomes increasingly dangerous to do this for a decreasing reward. Typically, I will only get DFG on her when I am already quite ahead and I can afford to be that close to the enemy.

Such League Wow

01-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetstream417 View Post

On topic: Ignite is about as useful on her as any other mid champ, albeit I prefer taking teleport to be able to get back to my lane early game, and then to Homeguard-gank-snare mid-late game.
you should NEVER be in range to auto attack anyone after laning as Lux. the whole purpose of her is to use her spells at max range, staying out of danger. this is what allows her to be built glass cannon. it's the same reason lich bane is a questionable item on her.

Blaine Tog

01-30-2013

Ignite is pretty bad on Lux. Even in lane you likely won't get many chances to use it. Lategame, it just becomes insanely risky to use; while you may occasionally want to pop your passive with an autoattack (usually you don't, but part of Lux' skillcap is recognizing the rare occasions when it's safe to close in), the situations where you want to both pop your passive AND drop Ignite on someone will be few and far between indeed.

In any case, Lux has good and safe enough poke that she isn't Ignite-dependent like many mages. If Lux drops her whole kit on someone and they don't die, that's annoying but she's still probably pushed them out of lane and can at least farm in peace. If Ahri drops her whole kit on someone and they don't die, then she's probably about to die since she has to get somewhat close to hit with her W and R. She needs that Ignite to finish them off and ensure they can't retaliate. TF also needs ignite: his burst isn't actually very high compared to most other mages, but he can combine his great poke with his ult's engagement to choose exactly when he attacks. Without Ignite to finish people off, though, he's left a sitting duck right in front of them. Lux is rarely in that situation. If someone's getting away and her ult isn't enough to finish them off, they're likely quite far from her.

Lux needs Flash for escapes, and very occasionally to catch fleeing enemies. Her second summoner spell is carte blanche, though. You can literally pick anything and it's ok:

Teleport is the obvious choice since it gives her a stronger laning phase, facilitates quick ganks when laning against a pusher, counters splitpushes, and lets her arrive to fights on time.

Exhaust actually isn't a bad idea either. If the enemy has a Xin or Kha'Zix or Akali, Exhaust can allow Lux to take the brunt off of their burst and survive long enough to burst them down.

Ghost can work as a second escape when there's no wall to Flash over.

CV can help aim your laser and is just all-around a useful spell for the team to have.

Clarity is kinda a waste since the Grail is so damn good on Lux, but since Lux doesn't actually need her second Summoner spell, it's not so bad on her that you'd really notice.

Heal/Barrier can be good for baiting, though I generally find Lux' shield to be sufficient. If you want to take Heal to make your saves more clutch, though, I won't fight you on it.

Revive is probably not that useful on Lux since a skillfully-played Lux basically never dies anyway. On the other hand, the argument could be made that since she dies so infrequently, she'll be able to Revive out of basically every death she takes giving her a much larger proportionate decrease in downtime than, say, a Revive Amumu. And of course she can do a better job defending towers by herself lategame than most champions, so Reviving out of an unfortunate Ace could help her stall long enough for everyone else to come off their death timers.

Jetstream417

01-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tartarus View Post
Early game, this is somewhat true, but it becomes increasingly dangerous to do this for a decreasing reward. Typically, I will only get DFG on her when I am already quite ahead and I can afford to be that close to the enemy.
I apologize if I gave off the impression that I would build DFG on her. I'm just stating you should generally be in range to use it. I'm not a fan of DFG on Lux.

Quote:
you should NEVER be in range to auto attack anyone after laning as Lux. the whole purpose of her is to use her spells at max range, staying out of danger. this is what allows her to be built glass cannon. it's the same reason lich bane is a questionable item on her.
This is why I lose faith in GD, but I'll let you play Lux as you want, and I'll play her the way to get the most dmg.