General Learning Question

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Typod

01-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by asmit10z View Post
woah woah hold up a sec. You said "but could use a little more AS or a little more MD". If you're an ADC you shouldn't be getting Magic Damage.(If that's what you mean and you didn't just type MD for MR)
I meant MR lol. sorry

Typod

01-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ericcb1 View Post
If you want to jungle, I'd recommend starting out with either Warwick or Nunu...
I had considered purchasing Warwick for this purpose, but I think I'll wait until he's on sale, or I'm more ready for a jungle champ.

Typod

01-30-2013

Thanks for all the responses guys! I've been working literally all day on my cs and laning and it's all improving, little by little. I think I may try support for a bit because I already at least have the jist of ADC. I also like the advice someone gave about top/mid for learning cs... that's where I think I need the biggest improvement, I'm only hitting 50s by the 15min mark, and that SUCKS for an ADC (although, most blind matches I'm in, I'm pretty much on par with others, and I'm usually paired with another AD/AP on bot instead of support, so their taking up cs too) I'll keep at it, and I'm slowly learning the champs and what they can do.

workthecorners

01-30-2013

one thing I don't think anyone has mentioned that I feel got me ahead at lower levels is I played bot games with every free champ throughout the week....this way when you see an udyr ganking you, u will know exactly what he plans on doing. because u have played at least one game with him. u also might find someone you like.

know your adversary better then he knows himself

Typod

01-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by workthecorners View Post
...I played bot games with every free champ throughout the week...
I actually had this thought today, and I may seriously think about this. I have found that bot games are usually a bit longer, there is absolutely no teamwork, and that's 10 games I could pvp... But, I like the idea and I may at least do it for the champs I'm interested in. Either way, it's sound advice.

workthecorners

01-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Typod View Post
I actually had this thought today, and I may seriously think about this. I have found that bot games are usually a bit longer, there is absolutely no teamwork, and that's 10 games I could pvp... But, I like the idea and I may at least do it for the champs I'm interested in. Either way, it's sound advice.
ya i actually have a group of friends who play nothing but bot games and score like 36/0 with less then 100 cs at the end of the game and i dont understand it....it cant be that fun.....

anyways yeah i just play the games to feel out the champs and try the abilities see what combos they are going to try to do and once your in lane vs someone where you know what they are going to try its alot easier then when suddenly brand hits you with his full combo and your dead and like wtf

Smokinfire420

01-31-2013

Support is the best position to gain experience.