How do you stop a Garen?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cenerae

01-31-2013

Even if you keep Garen down early, his kit has high base damage and he's still going to be a threat to your squishies. It's less a case of 'he snowballs' and more a case of 'your team needs to protect your squishies properly'.

Garen is vulnerable to being kited about. Abuse that and he shouldn't be able to do an awful lot.

SilverGalford

01-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibwubz View Post
Teemo, jayce and darius are champions that will shred garen to pieces. if he gets under leveled, he will be easily killed. hard cc like morgana will also prevent his q.
I beat the hell of them on top lane with Garen and they weren't noob players , (Teemo was a little bit harder though,damn blind)

SilverGalford

01-31-2013

if you play as Fiora ,Shen, Pantheon and Sivir (if i'm not wrong her shield can block silence too) they can block the Q skill of Garen . but a good Garen will never use Q on these champions first, knowing that it can be blocked. a good garen will hit you repeadtly until you lose your passive and skill and then use Q on you.even if you stun him he will continue chasing you to death.

Poison can be a good option against Garen or something that slows him , Teemo ,Heimerdinger ,Signed,Yorick and even Kayle are good options. you must have a good strategy though.

Ballzofire

01-31-2013

Teemo good or bad does not beat garen. If your worried bout garen you need to shut him down with ganks before he hits lv7 when he can clear a creep wave in 1 e. After that he will just farm and roam.

TheGhost420

02-01-2013

i play garen alot. the champs i usually have a hard time dealing with are chogath, pantheon, and fiora. the best way you can counter a garen is to simply not let him get gold. when you attack him use 2 of your allies. dont go alone against garen unless your a stunner and hes a low level or else he will wreck your face.

Isaleigh

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibwubz View Post
Teemo, jayce and darius are champions that will shred garen to pieces. if he gets under leveled, he will be easily killed. hard cc like morgana will also prevent his q.
While teemo and jayce are hard with garen. When i play garen im actually excited to see darius top with me. Ive noticed the silence/spin combo works better than his combos. this has happened on several occasions. Maybe im just lucky with only facing one darius thats beaten me in the lane (out of about 5)

Qsario

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sexybobolonie View Post
Keep him down early. Also banshies vail to block his ult. he is also primarily a health based champ, so get lyndras or BoTRK
Try a hexdrinker sometime.

Ghostshadowblade

02-01-2013

Nasus and his Ult hit Garen hard. Also, his E takes down Garen' s armour, which defends him. So he becomes a pile of ****. Easy as that.