How do you stop a Garen?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Seikon

01-30-2013

I know Garen used to be good early game and slowly fall off in mid-game, and just becomes a silence bot during end-game. However, ever since Season 3 item changes, Garens that build AD-Caster items seem to snowball hard against me. I don't really have a problem if I lane against him, in fact, I own him pretty bad. It's during mid-game that he seems to start destroying team fights. If he gets 3-4 kills, he can get his Black Cleaver and everything goes to hell in every team fight afterwards.

How do I prevent this from happening? I mean, I can destroy his turret, deny him CS and experience to some extent, and even kill him a couple of times. But once that mid-game hits, all he does is get 1-2 kills from our squishies (which is easy with his ult) and he becomes a snowball. How do I stop it? Running away doesn't help, focusing doesn't help, ignoring doesn't help I'm really at a loss.

I seriously do not recall ever winning against a Garen since Season3, and vice versa, never lost with a Garen on my team.

Kystys

01-30-2013

Bribe him?

All Delete

01-30-2013

Teemo.

Oh So Swaggy

01-30-2013

I always like go to riven against him top. She can dash in, stun him, auto attack, and then use her Qs to get away before he can even hit, or silence me. Anyone with a longer range harrass has a good chance of beating him out of lane, if played correctly.

Sexybobolonie

01-30-2013

Keep him down early. Also banshies vail to block his ult. he is also primarily a health based champ, so get lyndras or BoTRK

FDG Wubz

01-30-2013

Teemo, jayce and darius are champions that will shred garen to pieces. if he gets under leveled, he will be easily killed. hard cc like morgana will also prevent his q.

Seikon

01-30-2013

So.. bottom line, play a champ that counters him hard, and CC and kite. Gonna be hard in team fights if someone doesn't do it

Draykan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-31-2013

Kayle is probably the best person to counter Garen do to her skill set and using her ult on a champ you know Garen will ult is an amazing feeling. I play Garen a lot and i can even beat most Darius and Teemo's in lane if they're not amazing with that champ, but Kayle is impossible. riven isn't that good against him because once he gets his shield which reduces damage and cc, the second you go at him he will just pop that and easily win the exchange. SPIN TO WIN!

relazar

01-31-2013

If your playing blind pick you usually have to keep your bases covered with a champ pick (no niche champs or you risk getting owned), I usually go teemo or olaf because they are different ends of the spectrum. I've seen people say riven counters garen, personally i disagree because his Q can be used before riven comes in then silence her and he gets free poke, a silenced riven is nearly useless. Nidalee, teemo, yorick kayle would all be good choices.

AndrewxBR

01-31-2013

Elise =)