What is it about Irelia...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

thumbnail9

01-30-2013

She does one thing, jumps on you with good AS an attempts to kill you. any direct nerf to her AS and she gets really weaker.

Xanthalis

01-30-2013

To answer the OP, I'm not sure I feel she's binary. I'd say Nasus is binary. You either farmed well and you're godlike, or you didn't and you're useless.

Even if Irelia is shut down and behind she can build all tanky and initiate and peel. She has high base stats and true damage, so she can generally stay relevant and helpful.

Nerfs and buffs to her are tricky though because of her kit and stats. Look at Season 3. All her items and main useful stats were hit so she's in a weaker spot but a straight buff can push her too far.

Xanthalis

01-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumbnail9 View Post
She does one thing, jumps on you with good AS an attempts to kill you. any direct nerf to her AS and she gets really weaker.
Like the AS stat nerfs in Season 3

Letler

01-30-2013

Her kit has everything, gap closer, sustain, true damage, aoe ult, hard and soft cc, cc reduction... It never ends.

GingerBeardMan

01-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irelia Carries U View Post
. You dont level w for sustain, you level it for damage...
Rofl, this might be why you have almost 300 irelia games played and barely a 51% win rate. You'd think someone who mains her would understand you're not maxing W first ONLY because it does true damage. You will be lucky to get 2 or 3 attacks per trade, and even if you do you will take insane minion damage. It's used for sustain, otherwise you'd be better off maxing E since it hits harder and you wont aggro minions. OWNEEEEDDDDDDDD

GingerBeardMan

01-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanthalis View Post
Not even sure where to start. W's main function is true damage, not sustain. You don't level Q if you need physical damage and you don't level E if you need magic damage. Neither are relevant since you have true damage. Who cares what resist they stack? True damage surely doesn't.

She does have restrictions, but if played well she's very effective. Like 99% of the champs in this game.
You don't even play ranked, and you can't Q to a friendly minion like jax or kat, what'r you gonna do Q to an enemy minion and further extend yourself mid gank? Yes, the E will help if you have your flash or ghost up but otherwise you're gonna buy yourself an extra tenth of a second grats!

Irelia Carries U

01-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Goatious View Post
Rofl, this might be why you have almost 300 irelia games played and barely a 51% win rate. You'd think someone who mains her would understand you're not maxing W first ONLY because it does true damage. You will be lucky to get 2 or 3 attacks per trade, and even if you do you will take insane minion damage. It's used for sustain, otherwise you'd be better off maxing E since it hits harder and you wont aggro minions. OWNEEEEDDDDDDDD
I stopped reading after you said e should be maxed before w, and also what's wrong with taking my time to learn the champion? I've went support and jungle with her over 40 games and that is not where she is effective. You sure got me owned pubescent downie

GingerBeardMan

01-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irelia Carries U View Post
I stopped reading after you said e should be maxed before w, and also what's wrong with taking my time to learn the champion? I've went support and jungle with her over 40 games and that is not where she is effective. You sure got me owned pubescent downie
Lol, yeah exactly, you stopped reading because you would of seen I didn't say max E first. I said if you are getting W for trading and anti-ganks then you are an idiot. E would be better for trades in the first 6 levels, since it does way more damage until you get good AS and again minion damage isn't insignificant you would lose trades JUST by using W. The W is to sustain yourself, but then again you don't read posts so you will just continue to look like an idiot.

Irelia Carries U

01-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Goatious View Post
Lol, yeah exactly, you stopped reading because you would of seen I didn't say max E first. I said if you are getting W for trading and anti-ganks then you are an idiot. E would be better for trades in the first 6 levels, since it does way more damage until you get good AS and again minion damage isn't insignificant you would lose trades JUST by using W. The W is to sustain yourself, but then again you don't read posts so you will just continue to look like an idiot.
Her w is where most of her damage is, and you said e is better for trades lol it costs so much mana too, I have no idea why you are trying to argue with me. Sorry but this is making me laugh