A way for players to check their ping before entering a game

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

xXCrazyBarksXx

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-30-2013

I posted this in the GD, I'm also going to post it here since it makes more sense

Everyone has had those issues where people complain about lagging in the middle of the game, without them knowing why it is happening and without them knowing how to fix it. It always results in them being a burden to the team and usually causing a loss. Even though some people have nothing to do with it, they perform badly, losing games when they they could have checked if they were ok to go beforehand.

Some players can use the cmd or a program to ping the league servers to find out their ping before a game(see here), but most people find that too much of a hassle or too inconvenient to check before every game.

So, my idea was, have the ping be shown in the top right of the client while in the lobby screen, so players can make sure before they enter a game, that they are ok to play a game.

Some might talk about continuous bandwidth being used to check this, so there should also be an option to decrease the time before each ping or to disable checking pings with the server.

Here's an example sketched up in paint. (attached below)

If your guys agree and wish to see this happen so you can stop playing games that you could have won, make sure to bump this thread and give it a thumbs up to show and tell riot to make it happen! Like many other features, this still questions me why this isn't already in the game.

xXCrazyBarksXx

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-30-2013

bumping GD thread here - http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...7#post34049247

Domohawk

01-30-2013

>start custom match
>check

But in all honestly i would really love this to be a thing, as i get bad ping a lot and starting a custom game just to check my ping can be annoying.

xXCrazyBarksXx

01-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domohawk View Post
>start custom match
>check

But in all honestly i would really love this to be a thing, as i get bad ping a lot and starting a custom game just to check my ping can be annoying.
exactly my point. there are easier ways to do that then checking a custom match, but this would be the easiest

xXCrazyBarksXx

01-31-2013

bump

ReMeDyIII

02-01-2013

Easiest way:

Go into your DOS command prompt (or in Win 7, hit the start icon in bottom-left, then go to bottom-left search).

Type ping 216.52.241.254 -t

Give the test a few seconds to straighten itself out, since sometimes the ping reads funky at the very beginning. That's your current ping, and you don't even need to be logged into LoL to know it.

xXCrazyBarksXx

02-01-2013

yes i know this, i've included a link to the original forum in my post.

Deithor

02-02-2013

Great idea, has crossed my mind before.

Bump

Flame Wars

05-09-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReMeDyIII View Post
Easiest way:

Go into your DOS command prompt (or in Win 7, hit the start icon in bottom-left, then go to bottom-left search).

Type ping 216.52.241.254 -t

Give the test a few seconds to straighten itself out, since sometimes the ping reads funky at the very beginning. That's your current ping, and you don't even need to be logged into LoL to know it.
I did this and it showed 80-90 ping, but when I got ingame I was 120 ping constant? I don't thing thats the right IP for the server