Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Ranked Game Queues longer the lower in elo-hell you go?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Revelation22

01-30-2013

Do Ranked Game Queues get longer - the lower into ELO-hell you go?

I am on 14 minutes..

oogabuga

01-30-2013

Probably a bug. Long ques do happen in only the most extreme of elos. ~2300 and ~300 elo.

Revelation22

01-30-2013

okay.. um.. I may be at the bottom of the bottomless pit then. It is quiet down here right now... queues take 10+ minutes....

I will cast out demons from this place while I wait...

TrueSkillz

Recruiter

01-30-2013

just curious what is your elo?

Revelation22

02-21-2013

I am in Bronze and the queue times are 10-20 minutes every ranked game. Maybe sometimes I get a fast one...

TehomCD

02-21-2013

Based on how many more losses you have than wins, your Elo is probably very low, which is how you're having the crazy queue times. It should probably fix itself pretty rapidly as you win games, though.

Revelation22

02-21-2013

Quote:
TehomCD:
Based on how many more losses you have than wins, your Elo is probably very low, which is how you're having the crazy queue times. It should probably fix itself pretty rapidly as you win games, though.

Awesome!! I am hovering around 24ish in the Bronze league I am in..

Does the ELO not reset with seasons (3)??

I am new so I don't know.. but yeah if my ELO stays with me for all time then that would be the reason.

TehomCD

02-21-2013

There was a 'soft' reset that moved people significantly closer back to the starting point - say someone was 300, they'd probably be moved to around 900 or something. Since placement matches also reset though, going on a losing streak when you first started the season would quickly get you close to back where you were, unfortunately. But as long as you keep improving as a player, your queue times should keep getting better.

You might be one of the rare cases where you could have lower queue times by duo queuing, since the average Elo between you and someone higher would probably be a lot closer to the median.

Revelation22

02-26-2013

.. new record - 23 minutes.

I am improving too... so not sure...

Should I file a bug report?

Kinvaras666

02-26-2013

Are you playing solo?

Keep in mind the matchmaking can take too long if you queue with someone whose match making rating is too different from yours.