You think you know how to support?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Voyles

Senior Member

01-30-2013

Here's a game where my team was nothing but supports. We had Soraka, Sona, Thresh, Janna, and Alistar against a team filled with Corki, Heimerdinger, Vayne, Shen, and Trundle. Even though my team was trolling, so was the other team. They all had smite like they were all going to do some serious jungling.

Youtube: LoL Support Trolls


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Schnuffles

Senior Member

01-30-2013

someone facecheck the link


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Voyles

Senior Member

01-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schnuffles View Post
someone facecheck the link
It's a real youtube link. I didn't become a Senior Member by trolling the forums.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

workthecorners

Senior Member

01-30-2013

lmao thats great i wish i could see the blue teams chat


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PrincePapa

Senior Member

01-30-2013

You do realize that a support is only a support if he builds the related item, right ? I'm sorry I just see so many people trying this out while saying << Yeah man we're all support yo >>.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Voyles

Senior Member

01-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincePapa View Post
You do realize that a support is only a support if he builds the related item, right ? I'm sorry I just see so many people trying this out while saying << Yeah man we're all support yo >>.
So, I guess Banner of Command on Alistar isn't a support item. Also, the game ended at 20 min and no one had a full build yet. I also guess all the support abilities don't make supports support? I get your point, but you act like Sona can't be a Support if she doesn't have a Locket of the Iron Solari. Sorry, all of her abilities are still support abilities.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Voyles

Senior Member

01-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by workthecorners View Post
lmao thats great i wish i could see the blue teams chat
They were joking in All chat. I gave them all Honorables for being good sports about it.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PrincePapa

Senior Member

01-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileHighJew View Post
So, I guess Banner of Command on Alistar isn't a support item. Also, the game ended at 20 min and no one had a full build yet. I also guess all the support abilities don't make supports support? I get your point, but you act like Sona can't be a Support if she doesn't have a Locket of the Iron Solari. Sorry, all of her abilities are still support abilities.
Being a support ultimately means not getting cs as well as rushing sightstones and Philo. The fact that your getting creeps basically breaks the very definition of being a support. Mid Soraka is an AP mid, not a "support"

Oh and your items were :

Soraka : Standard AP carry build, sorc shoes, rylai, large rod (Mid)
Tresh : typical bruiser build (Top)
Janna : Had sightstone, but her build was like an AP carry (Support)
Sona : While you don't need a Locket to be support Sona, I doubt you'd rush a Trinity Force on her (unless you are going as adc Sona, which is what is happening in this game)(ADC)
Alistar : Not so typical tank build, but banner does give tanky stats. (Duo-top/Support)

The only support in your team was probably Janna. She's the one warding as well as the one who seems the most poor. Alistar may have been top support, since he doesn't have much item, but that's as far as I can find any supports in your team.

EDIT : I'm not flamming you guys or anything, only that rather than a full support team, you had an average team with unconventional picks.