Rune Sets for Dominion ( Sauron help? )

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Darmival

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCIX View Post
Just spam /ignore or scoreboard ignore on anyone who rages, or join the DominateDominion chat and beg for inhouse invites =p
eh, I'm not much of an in-house person [ as in.. pretty much never ]


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

iProbie

Senior Member

02-01-2013

scrap armor seals
with the recent emergence of BC+LW rush on a lot of **** (seen quite some Vi, Panth, Kha, Talon and Xin rush these two early on), you're probably better off with hp/level seals.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Darmival

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

02-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by iProbie View Post
scrap armor seals
with the recent emergence of BC+LW rush on a lot of **** (seen quite some Vi, Panth, Kha, Talon and Xin rush these two early on), you're probably better off with hp/level seals.
* points to original post where I already own both scaling armor and health seals. -_-


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Darmival

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

02-16-2013

@ Sauron

I just got a set of 9x Flat Cdr Glyphs due to your suggestion - although I have no idea when I would ever use them. I just prefer Scaling runes in dominion so much more than Flats.
Plus the fact I don't play SR like ever anymore... *shrug*


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Volandum

Senior Member

02-16-2013

I use flat CDR blues on most champions, they're a general offensive option whereas HP/level or MR/level would be defensive.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Darmival

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

02-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volandum View Post
I use flat CDR blues on most champions, they're a general offensive option whereas HP/level or MR/level would be defensive.
Right. I just had not seen the point because I had already bought a set of Scaling Cdr Glyphs


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DiscworldDeath

Senior Member

02-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by iProbie View Post
scrap armor seals
with the recent emergence of BC+LW rush on a lot of **** (seen quite some Vi, Panth, Kha, Talon and Xin rush these two early on), you're probably better off with hp/level seals.
I disagree. Armour pen had been nerfed early, which is where you get armour for. Sure, there is a not too late point where it's made irrelevant, but until that point it helps you more.

The real question is if you want early game defenses (flat armour) or late game (hp/level).

Also, the early game damage from turrets/creeps is not inconsequential, and even mages AA quite a bit in those early levels.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SuperQuackDuck

Senior Member

02-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darmival View Post
Right. I just had not seen the point because I had already bought a set of Scaling Cdr Glyphs
Flat cdr is generally better because of:
1. If i remember correctly it takes til you're level 10 or 13 to equalize the cdr. By then the cd on most of your spells should have been reduced to manageable levels.
2. 9x flat cdr yellows make it quite easy to plan out your cdr in conjunction with masteries.
3. Cdr is quite available in season 3. Most of the items you want will come with cdr. With the exception of very niche picks, you will be hitting 30+ with standard items. You really dont need to gimp your early game for lategame cdr.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

lbgsloan

Senior Member

02-17-2013

Armour seals are not COMPLETE garbage yet, as they still add more total survivability for the first few fights. It's not a dramatic difference in Dominion though, so you could just go scaling health on everyone at this point.

Scaling CDR glyphs are gimped for some reason, same with most scaling quints. You only get an extra ~2% CDR from scaling at level 18, yet you have to wait a long time before they simply break even with flat. Having the 6% from flat immediately is just so much better as you get to start the game with 10% CDR with 4 points in sorcery. CDR runes are lot more appealing with the recent CDR changes, as everything but CDR boots are 10% or 20% now. If you need sorc boots or mercs/tabi those numbers really mess with your itemization.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Darmival

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

04-27-2013

Are there any champs where armor marks and glyphs would ever be a good idea?

I wasted IP a few days ago to buy flat armor sets for both marks and glyphs.