Rune Sets for Dominion ( Sauron help? )

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Malah

01-30-2013

20 rune pages, hmmm?

I'll set up some pages while I wait on this queue. Let me know which of those champs you use most and let me know how you play them. Be as detailed as possible - Kayle has four potential builds on her own.

Edit: Or, instead of typing out what's in my rune pages, look here.

The only real improvements I have are to get a set of Hybrid Pen quints so I can make a set for that and get scaling of everything that isn't. Could technically specialize more but I haven't needed to. Draft would definitely make it worth using the extra pages for bot lane, though, and a few specialized pages for countering specific picks or for specialized champion selection. (More support and tank specialization most likely)

naotasan

01-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by FetisPuncher View Post
Dont think u can overuse the ms in dominion.. personally, they are the quints i use for
dom
I heard ms move speed quints got nerfed.
Still viable?

Volandum

01-31-2013

How? They're still 1.5% ms apiece, and base MS has been raised.

Darmival

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malah View Post
20 rune pages, hmmm?

I'll set up some pages while I wait on this queue. Let me know which of those champs you use most and let me know how you play them. Be as detailed as possible - Kayle has four potential builds on her own.
I'm good, thanks. My response about the other 18 pages was kind of joking like ' oh god, 2 pages are enough? what ever will i do with all those spare pages i bought '. lol

@ Sauron

Do you think using a single crit chance Mark for ad builds is mandatory ? It seems you advocate doing that - and so that is how I do my pages but I don't like it. It aggravates me that I bought 9x of each rune when I really only needed 8x of a given rune. Could have saved a bit of IP -_-

FetisPuncher

01-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by naotasan View Post
Still viable?
Dont see why not. Yea everyone in general is more faster.. but 1.5% per quint still makes a difference when it comes to just getting to the node to stop channeling.. or just getting out range of the dunk master...

Darmival

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by naotasan View Post
Still viable?
They weren't nerfed.

They are still the same 1.5%. Champion base speeds have been increased ( I think ) and the speed boost of boots were decreased.

Darmival

01-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bma View Post
I think you can get away with 2 main pages on Dominion, one with 19 armor pen, scaling mr blues, flat armor/scaling hp, and another with magic pen, scaling hp/flat armor, scaling mr + choice quints between pen and movement speed. Idk about AP quints, I do them out of laziness even though MS is probably better.
Why would 19 armor pen be ideal ?

** also edited first post to add 2 new sets I bought today

Redeemed In Fire

02-01-2013

I have mp5 yellows for most of the more mana hungry casters (Malz, Brand, Viktor, etc.); i find it's too easy to run out of mana on dominion given it's general philosophy of "cast all spells as they come off cd plox".

Darmival

02-01-2013

@ Sauron

Just so you know, I shamelessly copied the method that you use to name your masteries. It is just so genius and simplistic and works much better than the way I named masteries. I mean sure I did put in the point allotment ( like 21/0/9 ).

However, I didn't have anything like your shorthand for showing cooldown reduction - which now that I have seen your pages made me realize how useful doing that actually is since it makes it much easier to plan out the cooldown reduction items needed to cap ( if playing a champ you want to get more cdr on )

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCIX View Post
I have mp5 yellows for most of the more mana hungry casters (Malz, Brand, Viktor, etc.); i find it's too easy to run out of mana on dominion given it's general philosophy of "cast all spells as they come off cd plox".
Right. Dunno if you checked my original post but I edited it last night to update it with the 2 new rune sets I bought ( Scaling Attack damage Marks and Scaling Mana regen Seals )
I'm still not much of a caster person on Dominion though ( unless you count magic pen oriented tanks.... or Ryze )

I really should start PvPing again but I'm kind of afraid that it will end up being a repeat of last time where basically the rudeness of a lot of players wore me down. I really hated how if I was bottom lane and the team lost top / lost the game.. they always blame the bottom lane. I also hated the people that made a big deal over their point totals thinking they are good or something when quite often they weren't actually following the objectives of the map.

The last complaint I'll post here is the problem with Dominion's game modes or maybe I just mean the playerbase. Blind Pick is pretty much the only way to get into a game quickly, the same champions are used too often, there are lots of trolls, people who use the game mode to test champions on because they say ' it is just Dominion, stop being a tryhard '.

Draft simply takes too long to get into a game and many times when you do the team leader will somehow go afk right after clicking the game accept button [ wtf ], will ban the wrong champs, and then players who up and quit because they didn't get to play the champion they wanted.

Redeemed In Fire

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darmival View Post

I really should start PvPing again but I'm kind of afraid that it will end up being a repeat of last time where basically the rudeness of a lot of players wore me down. I really hated how if I was bottom lane and the team lost top / lost the game.. they always blame the bottom lane. I also hated the people that made a big deal over their point totals thinking they are good or something when quite often they weren't actually following the objectives of the map.
Just spam /ignore or scoreboard ignore on anyone who rages, or join the DominateDominion chat and beg for inhouse invites =p