New 3v3 super strategy

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

hyperphoenix

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-30-2013

Hello all

I believe I may have found a possible new team composition for Twisted Treeline
In the last few months me and my 2 friends have been trialing a certain 3v3 team comp and we believe the team comp we have found is extremely strong.

We like to run 2 AD bruiser champions and an AP with at least 2 stuns, a snare or a positioning spell within the team comp, stun is preferred. Renekton, Pantheon, Sion, Kennen, Lux, Singed, Irelia are some example champs.

The idea is too get items quickly, (boots and a dorans blade/ring is quite powerful) and quickly rush to the bush closest to the enemies altar (The bush I'm talking about is the one across from the heal/speed buff. Don't go any further then that).

You then wait for the enemy to poke their heads in and with your stun comp, focus the face-checker and grab first blood. Whoever got the kill should b immediately and buy an extra item, this will help them snowball and have a greater advantage in lane.

Ganking is also an important part of this strategy. If you can successfully gank the other lane you can increase your chances of snowballing. However, this is risky as a bad gank will just waste your time and allow the other team to do something more useful (grab your altar, farm etc)

Our trials using Kennen, Pantheon and Renekton have been very successful and we have gone on 4 or 5 game winning streaks (3v3 of course) and my friends claim to have gone 17 games in a row without loss (however, I am not sure if this is entirely true).

I hope some others can help trial this team comp and give some feedback on some personal experiences using the strategy.

Thank you

Yiff friendly

01-30-2013

Not to sound mean, but what you described is pretty much what everybody does on TT, but with a few differences.

For example: If you really want first blood, you could try what my friends and I do. The very center bush at bot lane, whole team piles in there. (Just like the old TT) Enemy team is normally in the bush you are talking about or even the top lane bush waiting to ambush the lane. Wait until minions spawn and send your squish champ to farm alone in the center when minions clash for the first time.

More often then not, the other team will come running from the jungle entrance on your side right next to that bush. The two tanks pop out and you are far enough away to dps free of damage.

Gets us that first kill almost every time. Every now and then though, people seem to just hug their towers until everyone has shown up on the map before moving to farm.

NOTE: Edited for spelling errors.

hyperphoenix

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yiff friendly View Post
Not to sound mean, but what you described is pretty much what everybody does on TT, but with a few differences.

For example: If you really want first blood, you could try what my friends and I do. The very center bush at bot lane, whole team piles in there. (Just like the old TT) Enemy team is normally in the bush you are talking about or even the top lane bush waiting to ambush the lane. Wait until minions spawn and send your squish champ to farm alone in the center when minions clash for the first time.

More often then not, the other team will come running from the jungle entrance on your side right next to that bush. The two tanks pop out and you are far enough away to dps free of damage.

Gets us that first kill almost every time. Every now and then though, people seem to just hug their towers until everyone has shown up on the map before moving to farm.

NOTE: Edited for spelling errors.
I understand this and I'm not offended. The stun team comp was the main idea I was trying to express.

Luego

01-30-2013

CC comps are always useful. With less opponents to lockdown, anyone out of the fight is a significant portion of damageoutput eliminated.

I'm amazed you are ganking from THEIR bush. Even if you shop instantly and sprint right there, they should beat you to their bush 70% of the time. So you're walking into a trap, not trapping.

If I'm ganking, I much prefer to rush toplane, and come into their bush from behind. They're often just sitting there, waiting on a midgankrush. Coming from top gives them very little time to see you arive, and you can often get your focus in first.

Caecus Scius

01-30-2013

Yeah this is pretty much standard fare for TT. If we see a team with a lot of CC or stuns, we don't early fight unless we have a TON of poke, and then we kite them.

Don't face check bushes... btw

tzorr

01-30-2013

Amumu , malphite , katarina is pretty deadly

Goggris

01-30-2013

And what do you do when they don't go near a bush?

hyperphoenix

01-30-2013

From my experiences we always get to the brush before the opponent. I have never encountered an enemy team when we face-checked our brush. The only way they could drive us out would be if they had a pokey team comp

Yetti

01-30-2013

I think he is implying that they might not even check the bush at all before the minions arrive in lane. Also, who jungles in this comp?

VIOLENTxSHINOBI

01-30-2013

Clense, Merc Scim or QSS will casue you a lot of trouble.