How to play adc

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

wabababa

01-30-2013

I like to play adc but in team fights i always get targeted and someone chases me even after using the adc's escape ability, they sometimes still catch up to me. In other forums it says "In teamfights, you must try to stay alive more than any other member on your team because your damage potential is simply way over the other champion types"and to attack in the range u have, yes i tried that, but my team says, WTF EZ when i try to stay behind the team and attack in my range and then when i get chase, it says always fall back when u are chased... but, next game, they have a fed kha zix, it jumps at me i escape and my team is like, WTF EZ, RUNNING ALREADY, WAT A NOOB.... so, are they correct that i should of stayed and 1v1 the fed khazix while my team is taking THEIR adc down? or... are they correct. I escaped in the end while my whole team died, and... we lost cause i couldnt 1v4 them.... cause when i went back to the teamfight, their kha zix got a triple kill, AND, btw b4 when i got caught by kha zix (prob cause of a ward) he 4 hit kill me XD

And, can u tell me some tips on HOW to play an adc?

Feedbro

01-30-2013

Honestly it's very difficult to tell you who was right here from just your statment.

You're new, when to stay and fight and when to run is one of those things you just have to learn from experience.

Sometimes Ezreal can 1v1 a Kha'zix, sometimes he'll get blown up. It all depend on player skill and the builds. In most cases though, yeah, the ADC should be trying to stay way the heck away from a fed Kha'zix.

I suggest watching some streams of Diamond level players playing ADC to get a feel for when to stay and when to go, as well at to witness their last hit mechanics in person.

Basically the foundation of ADC skill is knowing where to be and then being there. If you can do that, you can be pretty good even if you have terrible mechanics. I'd rather my ADC understand what he can and can't do than be someone who Doublelift tier-mechanics and farming skills but who facechecks brush all the time and is perpetually in the wrong place.

Try Chaox, he's good to watch for learning ADC mechanics.

4Degreez

01-30-2013

You should keep yourself alive before the start of a fight, but when the fight is started try to focus on dealing damage and try to focus on the opp main damage output as well. They are tanking you to kill the opp not running away. you aren't likely to escape anyway if most of your teammates are killed.

Eat The Wafflez

01-30-2013

This thread is perfect for my thoughts. Why play ADC when all champions with HP destroy us "squishier" players. A tank should not be able to kill - it should only be a threat.

You should just stand and fight everytime. Odds are running won't save your team and the gold then get after 4 deaths from you is worthless. So just focus on CS to build your own gold - get a kill if you can, if not kill the minion next to them.

I'm a level 5 summoner and I found that killing a player does nothing to win a game - seems like someone just gets out of control and can't be countered with the limited champions Riot gives to us new summoners. Game of the rich before level 30 I guess.

Feedbro

01-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eat The Wafflez View Post
This thread is perfect for my thoughts. Why play ADC when all champions with HP destroy us "squishier" players. A tank should not be able to kill - it should only be a threat.

You should just stand and fight everytime. Odds are running won't save your team and the gold then get after 4 deaths from you is worthless. So just focus on CS to build your own gold - get a kill if you can, if not kill the minion next to them.

I'm a level 5 summoner and I found that killing a player does nothing to win a game - seems like someone just gets out of control and can't be countered with the limited champions Riot gives to us new summoners. Game of the rich before level 30 I guess.
Right now the only free ADC is Corki so I'll base this on him:

If you've played Dota or HoN, you've probably realized by now that "carries" in this game don't carry nearly as hard, whether Int, Agi, or Str heroes.

The job of an ADC isn't typically to burst people down, it's to provide a steady, high level of damage. Think of ADC's as moving turrets. People do not want to be in range of them or they will melt over the course of 3-10 seconds depending on how they are built. But you can dive into range of them for short periods of time and try to secure the kill to turn off that damage.

As Corki you have your Ulti to poke the enemy, your E which shreds armor, and your passive 10% true damage which ignores armor.

Mundo is free this week, so he is who I am assuming you're having troubles with. What Corki needs to do there is to dodge the Cleavers, and kite Mundo. 1v1 almost everyone in the game will lose to a late-game Mundo. Ignite cuts his regeneration, so do any number of "Grievous Wounds" items or abilities (Like Katarina's Ultimate-- she's free this week too).

If Mundo is the real problem, then you might consider building "Blade of the Ruined King" that causes your attacks to deal additional damage equal to a % of Mundo's health, meaning that it does more damage the more health he builds.

Just some thoughts! If you need help add me in game and I'd be glad to give you some pointers or play a few games with you. That goes for either of you.

EDIT: Also, there's no law that says you can't build health too! These days we're seeing Warmog's Armor a lot, including on ADCs! I always suggest at least 1 defensive item on ADC-- Warmog's Armor gives health and health regeneration, Guardian Angel gives Armor and Magic Resist and brings you back to life when you die (it doesn't count as a kill for the opponent), Mercurial Scimitar gives attack damage and you can activate the item to instantly cure everything wrong with your champion, meaning if you're slowed or stunned you can clear that like you used the Summoner Spell "Cleanse"!

Supafly GLHF

01-30-2013

Their are some very minor tricks you pick up as an adc as you play. Here are but a few:

1. Last hitting waves and waves of minions for $$$$$$$$$$$$
2. Staying well within the Team fight but enough behind the tank to focus the other squishies together.
3. Better lane poke and harassment.
4. Setting traps, becoming "chase bait," or holding up an enemy in a 1 V 1 until a teammate comes to assist you and help stomp them; allowing you to live but preventing the enemy from roaming or escaping. Team synergy needed here.
5. Having a viable "run away" or exit strategy before you initiate a fight (particularly through walls on the map, using not flashes but abilities that other players may not have to chase you down.)
6. Item build adjustment in the shop based on what is happening in your fights.

As with chess, LOL is a great mental game where you can live in the moment, but are challeneged to THINK many moves ahead on where you want to be later.

WickaWicka

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-30-2013

Pretty much, stay alive while still dealing damage to anyone. People say that you should be focusing the squishy characters like their ad carry and whatnot, but really you should be hitting someone while you are safe. Being the ad carry, you will get bruisers and assassin's all up in your grill, and you soften this blow by having armor penetration(blackcleaver and/or last whisper really helps) and moving backwards in between auto attacks(which takes some practice at first and is made easier with the attack move command). If you are still getting smashed, try asking(nicely!) your teammates to peel/slow down some of these people getting in your face, your support should definitely be helping you here.

And like others have mentioned, getting really good at last hitting means you will have more money, which means you will reach that late game damage faster.

Splurged

01-30-2013

Actually it's your teams fault for not focusing kha'zix, you should always focus the one doing the most damage. I would have Arcane shifted out of there too. If u die first its over for the fight i actually blame your team . What i like to do is e out the ult their team it can really changed fights if you hit them all.

TailsMK4

01-30-2013

Seeing as a majority of my time was spent playing as Ezreal, I think my experience may give you some help.

First of all, it helps to know as much as you can about the different champions you are facing. You generally will not do as well against those like Malphite who can hit very hard and sometimes have high HP, and sometimes you have an opponent like Lux who can nail you from far away. You will NOT be able to dodge every attack, but knowing what the champions can do will help in determining how to best approach each situation.

For levels 1-5 (or perhaps until 4), try not to engage in a fight, but focus on killing minions. You can sometimes get away with flinging a long ranged ability at a champion to deal damage. I usually try to put myself in a position where I can bail out if the champion decides to go on the aggressive. Another strategy is, since it is likely an ADC will have somebody with them in the same lane, is to stay in the brush and let your teammate take out the minions. You will still get levels, but you stay hidden so champions do not know where you are, and you can provide backup to your teammate if he/she picks a fight that appears winable if you provide help. If you end up going mid like I did on my second PVP match, your opponent may be a bit more passive than in the other lanes. Just stay on your guard at all times, as you are quite squishy early game.

After level 6, your skills will start shining, as your character's ult will usually be very helpful in team fights. This is when you start helping your team get kills. You likely should have some experience in knowing what abilities are useful at what times, so find those favorable scenarios to inflict damage. Even if you cannot deal enough damage to a champion before it gets away, sometimes your teammates will keep up the chase and nail it, or you could try your ult. If it should occur that you are engaged in a 1 on 1, try to guess early on if you might win the fight based on how much health both characters have left. If it's clear that you have the advantage, then finish the fight with whatever means necessary. For me this includes using Ezreal's E, which can be used for escape as well. If you're being pursued, and you are Ezreal, try hopping over small walls and cliffs by clicking on the other side of it when using E. You might be surprised at how easy it may be to escape enemies, unless they have Flash. Anyway, if it is clear the enemy will win, then get out as soon as you can and try your best to evade the enemy. Understand this may not always work, but I think this situation will not happen that often unless you happen to constantly be up against players that are VERY good at chasing.

One last piece of advice: NEVER engage in a fight with two or more champions unless you know you have help coming. Even if they are at low health, you likely will have low defense, so they can kill you quickly. If someone else helps you out, though, you will likely get a chance to use your ult, and a kill is likely if you are good at timing and aiming your ult.

If this helps, I will be trying to "record" matches of my own later on, so if you have access to LoLReplays, I may be able to get it to where people can watch my matches. If that ends up being possible, I hope the replays help you out.

MistedDreams

09-02-2014

Amazing ! I just got 3500 RP code for totally FREE ! Come and download code too

>> http://RiotPoint.eu/ <<