A full gold sell-back function at shop?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sven66

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-29-2013

I believe not just me, but lots of ppl might encounter this.

Sometimes you bought something and pressed too quickly, like potions or some low cost items, and this just screw your buying. For instance, I have like 440 gold, try to buy one potion and long sword, but I turn out buying 2 potions and can't afford the sword instantly. Consider the early game, this might turn out to be like 10 cs lost or more, for just one click mistake. With the refund gold decrease of potion/doran in S3, this just become really annoying.

The function could be like this
1. Anytime you bought a new item, you have like ~5 second to sell back with full gold refund.
2. You can't use the function of this item (i.e the crystalline flask)
3. Doesn't apply to the item upgrade, you can't de-upgrade a item you just upgraded.

Any other idea? I think this will be good for lots of players. <3

Bronze II

01-29-2013

Definitely a good idea. Buying the wrong item at the start of the game, especially on junglers can potentially ruin the entire game.

EUniqe

02-01-2013

completely agree, sometimes my game will lag entering a match and will accidentally buy four wards as supp instead of three -_-

I was going to say there should be a timeout, but late game when the enemy team's attacking your nexus this could prove to be exploited.

I think that an option should appear in the items shop asking whether you desire a full refund, and disappears when the item shop is closed - so that you CAN NOT exit the shop, use the item and then gain a full refund, you can only do it in the same buying session. Any faults with this idea?

mythosmc

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-23-2013

yes pls riot..

I've bought two sets of boots.. fully upgraded once.. =(

Bolraguard

03-23-2013

This would be great but can only be used on "Just bought" items before you leave the buying pad. Once you leave the pad, its normal sell mode.

Hammersprenger

03-25-2013

For ease, can make an "Undo Purchase" button that just refunds the last purchase if you've misclicked or double-bought or something.

noteventhatgood

03-25-2013

I've had several games where I eagerly go to upgrade my sightstone to the coveted ruby sightstone only to purchase yet another, can you guess, sightstone. This literally ruins the entire game for me as a support, because you lose like 800 gold doing this even when you sell it back you're, sorry for my lack of words, f***ed. I can't really see how any sort of 5 second timer could be exploited but it just sleems a little funky to me. I really really like the idea about how after the shop closes, all sales are final. I've seen this idea bumping around forums for a while and I think it would be really cool if they actually implemented some method of this in the near future.

emmalilly

03-26-2013

This is a great idea I think "for this shop session only" is probably the best aproach, there's no real way to exploit it if you can't close the shop before it goes back to it's regular gold refund.

Teemo McSwag

03-26-2013

Totally agree with this and it happens more than I'm proud to admit myself!

TheYellingMute

03-26-2013

definitely needs to happen ESPECIALLY since the riot servers have been unpredictable lately which causes the game shop to lag at times which ends up in these accidental buys