Question about CS...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Alex3465

01-29-2013

So I have a question. I'm a level 23 at the moment, and have been really trying to get good at this game recently, and maybe even get a decent Elo when I start playing ranked .

I know that CS is a huge part of this game, and want to know how much CS I should be aiming at at this level, and how much I should aim for each level after that. (Summoner level, I mean.)

For example, I play top lane, mostly Olaf, as I feel he is probably my best champ. I'm hitting 50 CS at the 15 minute mark, and am getting better, gradually.

I heard that the pros get 100 CS at 10min, and 200 at 20min, and although that obviously isn't realistic right now for me, I'm hoping to get numbers close to that by the time I reach level 30, and start playing ranked.

Thanks ahead of time everyone! .

Alex3465.

SilentSir

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-29-2013

Realistically, Aim for 100 by 15 minutes. If you're doing that, you're doing pretty okay for yourself. Personally, I'm kind of mediocre at last hitting so I play support and jungle =P

YoungGoN4v5

01-29-2013

CS isn't a magic number that you can say at X point in any game you should have Y. It is all in comparison. You should always have MORE cs than your lane opponent. And you should not do things like run into jungle when you have a large wave top that you aren't talking. You have to match your play style with the lane rhythm. But, having said that, you should be able to hit those numbers against bots every time.

adc

01-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentSir View Post
Realistically, Aim for 100 by 15 minutes. If you're doing that, you're doing pretty okay for yourself. Personally, I'm kind of mediocre at last hitting so I play support and jungle =P
I'd disagree. 100 at 12 minutes if you're not doing much harassing at all, and 100 at 11 or a bit earlier if you're against bots/on your own.

However, Moridin brings up a good point - if you're spending a lot of time harassing or roaming, you're probably going to have less CS (unless you're a pro, anyway) than you normally do - and that's fine. Just make sure you get something from it, rather than just missing CS for no reason.

Alex3465

01-29-2013

Thanks! I tend to beat my lane opponent(s) recently, so I figure I'm doing alright, and thanks! I'll aim for 100 at 15 at level 27 . Also, when it's a 2 v 1 lane, I like to keep the lane pushed to my tower. Is this a good or bad strategy?

adc

01-29-2013

Olaf is actually one of the stronger 2v1 laners in the game, so that's a good thing there. And mostly yeah, you want to let them push towards your tower - gives your jungler easier ganks, lets you farm more safely, and hey, that tower sure is nice to have in fights.

PoisonedPeace

01-29-2013

if you push to tower it isnt a big deal because you probably wont get ganked from the not jungler lol
but they will have limited cs anyway so if you can learn to freeze lane as well as far under your tower that would be good.

Drakojan

01-29-2013

Just a quick tip, if you like to play top but you're tired of 1v2 lanes play draft. It's better anyway, but most people who play draft will have a jungler. Also, in a 1v2 lane, you should aim to never die. CS isn't an option, except for the few you can get under tower, but do not die. If you manage to survive your lane, you'll win the game because they'll have 2 minorly farmed top laners while you will have 1 minorly farmed top laner and two other lanes that won ezmode because the enemy didn't have a jungler. The only time you should leave from the safety of your tower is when your jungler comes to gank. Also, tell your jungler not to babysit you. Tell him to take advantage of the enemy not having a jungler by taking their camps, and helping the two carry lanes get fed to all hell. You'll usually win.

OrangeBird

01-29-2013

100 cs for 15 min. pros sometime can't do that too. dont be too hard on urself every single game

Míley Dyrus

01-30-2013

If you're harassing, you should aim for at least 100 cs by the 15 minute mark. If you're playing a passive lane, shoot for at least 125.