Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Are you kidding me riot!!!!?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PenguinKillBear

02-01-2013

Quote:
The13thRonin:
And in your whole entire life you've never:

a) felt that you received a disproportionate punishment to one of your misdeeds?

b) been wrongly accused of something you didn't do, perhaps because circumstances made it seem likely that you could possibly be guilty?

If you haven't experienced either of those things you are very fortunate indeed because most of us have.

Whatever Riot have decided they have decided on evidence which is hidden to us. You shouldn't just automatically assume the guy is guilty.

What are you talking about. He was voted as guilty by a group of his peers. This was then confirmed by Riot. What hidden info? I would have punished for the cases he posted.

TastyBeeBurgers

02-01-2013

Quote:
The13thRonin:
And in your whole entire life you've never:

a) felt that you received a disproportionate punishment to one of your misdeeds?

b) been wrongly accused of something you didn't do, perhaps because circumstances made it seem likely that you could possibly be guilty?

If you haven't experienced either of those things you are very fortunate indeed because most of us have.

Whatever Riot have decided they have decided on evidence which is hidden to us. You shouldn't just automatically assume the guy is guilty.

Course I have. These are all entirely irrelevant though. Just because YOU feel that this is unjustified, does not make it so. The community as a whole voted (given the number of punishments here, they voted a LOT) and agreed that the behavior was toxic. Beyond that, your opinion in the matter becomes irrelevant. You can either go with the flow of things or fight it your whole life.

Think back on King... ugh, which one was it? George? Anywho, he sat on the beach and commanded the tide to turn back. He believed the tide should turn around, probably figured it was unfair that the tide would not turn back. Guess what? Fair or unfair, the guy still drowned becuase he refused to change his beliefs.

The13thRonin

02-01-2013

Quote:
PenguinKillBear:
What are you talking about. He was voted as guilty by a group of his peers. This was then confirmed by Riot. What hidden info? I would have punished for the cases he posted.

Compared to some of the other cases I've reviewed if there were breaches of the summoners contract here they were not half as heinous as the others I have experienced. I feel like a permanent ban is pretty rough but at the end of the day its Riots choice. The guy doesn't need every other guy here on the forums jumping down his throat about it though. Maybe he made some mistakes but we all make some mistakes every now and then. I would say on average at least half the people I come across in League of Legends breach the Summoners Code to some extent (large or small) and as the great man himself once said "let he who is without sin cast the first stone".

PenguinKillBear

02-01-2013

Quote:
The13thRonin:
Compared to some of the other cases I've reviewed if there were breaches of the summoners contract here they were not half as heinous as the others I have experienced. I feel like a permanent ban is pretty rough but at the end of the day its Riots choice. The guy doesn't need every other guy here on the forums jumping down his throat about it though. Maybe he made some mistakes but we all make some mistakes every now and then. I would say on average at least half the people I come across in League of Legends breach the Summoners Code to some extent (large or small) and as the great man himself once said "let he who is without sin cast the first stone".

Sure, it may not be half as bad as other cases. You could also say its 10000X worse than most people playing this game. (yes that number is made up) If you want the real number it would be something like total player base - .7% of most toxic players. That would be the total number of people who arent nearly as toxic as OP.

Also, he posted on a forum where the sole purpose is to understand why you were voted the way you were in the tribunal. What was suppose to happen?

The13thRonin

02-01-2013

Quote:
PenguinKillBear:
Sure, it may not be half as bad as other cases. You could also say its 10000X worse than most people playing this game. (yes that number is made up) If you want the real number it would be something like total player base - .7% of most toxic players. That would be the total number of people who arent nearly as toxic as OP.

Also, he posted on a forum where the sole purpose is to understand why you were voted the way you were in the tribunal. What was suppose to happen?

Something more constructive than a boot to his face while he's already down for the count?

Maybe encouragement to start a new account and tips on how to keep this one from suffering the same fate as the others? The kind of positive in-game behavior that the Summoners Code is meant to encourage?

If he truly is guilty as many of you are suggesting then a good start would be modelling good behavior for him to follow...

PenguinKillBear

02-01-2013

Quote:
The13thRonin:
Something more constructive than a boot to his face while he's already down for the count?

Maybe encouragement to start a new account and tips on how to keep this one from suffering the same fate as the others? The kind of positive in-game behavior that the Summoners Code is meant to encourage?

If he truly is guilty as many of you are suggesting then a good start would be modelling good behavior for him to follow...

He is permabanned. Riot has said that they would rather not have him in the game anymore. They dont want his money. They want him else where.

Why would I encourage him to start a new account? He didn't get the hint after his first permaban and got a second one?

People already told him to stop blaming trolls and to take responsibility for his actions, what was his response? To blame the trolls some more. I would agree with you that some people on ehre are not as constructive as they could be, and some people on here troll more than I would like. I have never even talked to the OP on here. I just came in because your innocent till proven guilty thing was fallacious.

The13thRonin

02-01-2013

Quote:
PenguinKillBear:
I just came in because your innocent till proven guilty thing was fallacious.

Because he was found guilty for all we know by the guy on the first page who said "I'd vote to punish because you went 2 for 5" (and a few others like him)?

If I had people give that to me as the reason I was permanently banned I'd be pretty angry at the system too.

PenguinKillBear

02-01-2013

Quote:
The13thRonin:
Because he was found guilty for all we know by the guy on the first page who said "I'd vote to punish because you went 2 for 5" (and a few others like him)?

If I had people give that to me as the reason I was permanently banned I'd be pretty angry at the system too.

Here are some things to consider:
1) you should already know what you did. Riot has stated, and they are correct, they are not your babysitter or your parents. You should be able to figure out what you did wrong.
2) Sure some people made stupid comments, but there were plenty of people who actually told him what the problem was. Still nothing.
3) Lets assume the troll post voted punish on this case because he went 2/5. Even if that was the case, do you know how many safeguards are in place to stop this from happening frequently enough to actually have any statistical relevance? It would be such a statistical outlier for this case to be voted on by an all spamming /troll group. He would also be just as likely to be affected by pardom spammers. Again, it is so small it is statistically irrelevant.
4) People need to have some accountability. It is not our fault he was banned, made another account, got punished repeatedly, and got himself banned again. He is the only on that can fix his behavior not us.

Delete Teemo

02-01-2013

"What does the scanner say about his QQ level?"

"It's OVER 9000"

" NO, THAT CANT.... well, actually that does sound right."

"Well, I'm tired of the crying. Let's go get some soft tacos"

"Sweet Jesus, I LOVE Soft tacos"