Responding to someone saying "carried"...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tehbantho

01-29-2013

I am not level 30 yet...and quite frankly I am not that good at the game yet so I hope I can be considered new. I have been running into an overwhelming amount of people saying "carried" or something to that effect nearly every match I play. It really dampens my spirits about my play, especially when I seem to complete more team objectives(towers etc) while the "adc" runs around "ganking".

I want to know what you do to respond to these people. Lately I have been trying very hard to just say something to the effect of "Thanks. I only wish you were able to provide me feedback so I can also do better next time." - but this is getting a little old...and I have yet to get a response other than "lol noob!" or something to that effect.

Anyone have any advice? I find I am getting more and more frustrated when I try out new champs and get belittled in such a manner.

Panzerfaust

Emissary of the League

01-29-2013

The type of person who will say 'carried' to someone who wasn't saying anything, isn't someone worth your time trying to respond to.

That said, don't be the guy who talks smack, regardless of whether or not you did well. (Though it's extremely frustrated to see someone who was obviously carried act as if they're cool beans.) Note this isn't to say that you're that person, you seem the opposite, it's just for the sake of completeness.

Tehbantho

01-29-2013

I'll be honest I get this "carried' thing even when I have under 5 deaths and 10+ kills...and my response is genuine. If someone TRULY thinks they carried me than perhaps they should try to help their team get better while playing with them. If they are just being a jerk to be a jerk than my response seems to suit that too...

Quamic

01-29-2013

I was accused of something called 'smurfing' the other day. I am very new to this community and have no idea what the hell they were talking about. I assumed they were ostracizing me and I ignored them. Always better to ignore someone, because chances are they are accusing you of NOTHING. Also it's pretty funny imagining how red with rage their face is turning...

Feedbro

01-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tehbantho View Post
I'll be honest I get this "carried' thing even when I have under 5 deaths and 10+ kills...and my response is genuine. If someone TRULY thinks they carried me than perhaps they should try to help their team get better while playing with them. If they are just being a jerk to be a jerk than my response seems to suit that too...
Sometimes when a person says "carried' they're not really talking about how bad their teammates were but rather how they were the biggest deciding factor in determining the outcome of the match.

If I went 22-3-15 as Akali I would probably say something along the lines of "Damn it feels good to carry this hard".

Now if it was something along the lines of "carried, noobs" then obviously that's just being a toxic player. Report them and move on.

Heck, they might even be talking about someone else on your team. I would likewise not be offended if I had a 15-4 Katarina on my team say "Carried so HARD!" as she won despite having an 0-7 Nasus on the team, because frankly she did carry that team.

Don't let things get too personal and assume everything is a personal indictment of you (though admittedly those DO happen in League, a lot).

Especially if you're still leveling up, make a habit of inviting people you meet in games that are nice to your friends list so you can play with them again. If you join normals blind pick with a premade group of 5 people who have all played together before, you have a 0% chance of getting a jerk on your team, and on top of all that, peole won't be arguing about what role to play.

4Degreez

01-30-2013

Ignore them. kills and assists are everything about the game, and it also depends on the role you play. neither a good support or tank will get a lot of kills, and they may dead more often than they kill.

RYP Jericho

01-30-2013

Honestly, this isn't the kind of game where you can avoid getting "carried" by your team to an extent. I got a friend into the game when I was at level 22, so when we'd queue up together we'd end up against level 8-12s.

Obviously I was significantly better than our opposition because of my experience. At that level most people don't know what each of every champs abilities do, and me having that knowledge helped me tremendously.

That being said we still lost some games because one person can't do everything for a team. If I play a carry, I still need a tank to initiate a fight for me, and a bruiser to keep targets off of me or I'm useless. If I'm playing the tank, I need my carries to kill the opposition. You can only do so much in any given game, but you need your team to carry the rest of the load for you. Just like they need you to carry your end of it.

As far as smurfing goes, it means they suspect you created a second account to play with new players. For example, I'm level 30 right now. If I made a second account and was at level 1, I'd be up against brand new players and would have a very easy time beating them. This obviously sucks for new players trying to learn, so it's extremely frowned upon.

Panzerfaust

Emissary of the League

01-30-2013

Honestly, I don't think there's ever a scenario where I would talk about how I carried out of the blue, regardless of how well I did. (Again, I'll bring up various things if someone is trying to act tough, but that's a different story.)

There are games where I'm dealing massive amounts of damage, but only thanks to my team locking them down or keeping them off of me. Sometimes all it takes is for you to go against their weakest team member in lane.

It's one thing if you're talking with friends in team chat or skype, but even then it's situational. Bragging serves little to no purpose, and does nothing for anyone but yourself; even then, it has a negative impact, however small, more often than not.

TrueSkillz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-30-2013

I only say carried when playing with friends. I do that to make them mad. even if i was the weakest player that game and my ADC went 20-0-10 I would still say i carried them. If i dont know you i normally dont talk to you other then needed game talk. Now if someone start to troll me then i become a dick.

Tehbantho

01-30-2013

One guy on my team said "carried" even when we lost. He went on to rant about how bad his teammates were and thats why we lost...