when i start ranked

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Keleroin

01-29-2013

sup guys. i am currently level 26 still doing normal pvp and getting tier three runes.
when i do start ranked i wanted to know if premades or soloqueue would be better?

SeCKS Egai

01-29-2013

Premades are easier to stomach if everyone's around the same skill level.

solo q can be pretty unforgiving.

Runa44

01-29-2013

Premades are a lot more fun and less stressful. Solo queue can be the most rewarding, but if you have a bad game be prepared to get flamed endlessly. It's rough stuff.

TheSnuke

01-29-2013

Don't start ranked until your comfortable playing at least three positions and have at least two to three champs for each one of those positions. Have at least 3 full rune pages as well. Good luck in soloq. You'll need it.

asmit10z

01-29-2013

Premade is better. Imo, soloq doesn't reflect skill level.

Stringfever

01-29-2013

Uhm, give it a shot. Yes, it is stressful, yes, it is ungrateful, but the +12 elo screen at the end? Man, isn't that rewarding...

Master a champ. Like, win every freakin matchup possible with him. Optmize your runes, masteries. Get good at every role, but dedicate a little bit more to your favourite role. Learn counter picks, spawn timers, teamfight approaches. When people are going to ask for advice from you, you might feel ready. The thing about trying ranked right after lv30, is that once you elo drop hard, it's really hard to get out. Elo Hell is like Meth: not even once.

YoungGoN4v5

01-29-2013

How come all the people who say soloq has nothing to do with skill level have no elo?

TheFakeSit

01-29-2013

I would suggest waiting til 400 wins before you play ranked. That way you have enough experience with the game.

Vrykonik

01-29-2013

Soloq is probably the best measure of skill level. But then you have to know the math behind ELO to understand that. As someone who plays chess I am familiar with ELO and it is currently the best measure of human skill in the world. People who don't believe it are usually not good enough to realize that losing isn't the fault of their team, but the fact they have opponents who simply outplay them. It isn't a mistake that the same people end up on top of those lists every season. It is because they really are that good!

Eloquid

01-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keleroin View Post
sup guys. i am currently level 26 still doing normal pvp and getting tier three runes.
when i do start ranked i wanted to know if premades or soloqueue would be better?
Never if you want to keep having fun with this game. No sooner than 500 wins in normals if you really have to do it and want to avoid incredible frustration for yourself and your teammates.