U.S. Lawmakers are Not Interested in Facts About Video Games

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GodEmperorLetoII

01-30-2013

http://gamepolitics.com/2013/01/29/e...s#.UQk803eE6-W

Spread this! We must protect gamer rights!

And Riot, you guys should prolly get your money behind this as well. We need all of us to fight for our rights and strike down these biased fools.

Light LaserTower

01-30-2013

Do I find it funny the people that are trying to write laws about video games don't understand the Binary system, F yes I do.

HetairoiAthenas

01-30-2013

As a constituent and active video game player, I’m asking you to support my right to access and buy the games I want and not to blame media, including video games, for the recent tragedies that have befallen our nation. In a script we’ve seen played out before, video games are being blamed for the violence, but we know that that’s not the case.

There is no proven causative link between video games and violent behavior, and numerous scientific studies have shown this to be the case, the Supreme Court has already viewed this evidence and determined it to be unpersuasive in Brown v. EMA.

Content regulation of creative media (including video games) is not an answer to gun violence. The majority of gun violence is perpetrated by poor minorities in inner cities -- I'm at a loss as to how regulation of violent video games could possibly serve as a rational basis to decrease gun violence. If you feel like you need to pass some law, any law, to make it look like you're "solving a problem" then perhaps you should to look to actually solving the problem, instead of picking a scapegoat you expect to just roll over and take it.

I will be keeping track of this issue. You represent a constituency in a key battleground state in this country. Know that when I voted for you this past November, there were certain expectations I had--and singling out video game developers and violating their First Amendment rights over some misguided and poorly thought out plan is not something I will tolerate from my elected representatives come the next election cycle. The majority of people who play video games are not 15 year old kids with no voting power--we are adults, we have a political voice, and we will respond to terrible laws that are facially unconstitutional, which are being passed by our elected representatives in Congress.

PS: Don't you have more important things to do, like fixing the budget? Creating a federal censorship board isn't going to fix the budget.

Bilbosky

01-30-2013

Since when have politicians ever been interested in facts?

Light LaserTower

01-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilbosky View Post
Since when have politicians ever been interested in facts?
Whoa whoa whoa... you tireless defend them.. you no allowed to change sides sir!

Fathootz

01-30-2013

Video games are the problem amirite?
We're all rapists, murderers, drug addicts, alcoholics, womanizer's..
we're evil people.

Bilbosky

01-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light LaserTower View Post
Whoa whoa whoa... you tireless defend them.. you no allowed to change sides sir!
Wait a sec, I thought I've made it clear that I dislike most politicians and government policies in general. Sure, my views frequently overlap with republicans, but that doesn't mean they're basing their views on facts - typically they just play to whatever tune fits their constituents and lobbyists.

CatchandKiss

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-30-2013

U.S. Lawmakers are not interested in Facts.

c4lm

01-30-2013

You guys can't even make decent gun laws, I wouldn't worry about videogames.