Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

How does Poppy place in the Dominion metagame now?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Archeer

Recruiter

01-29-2013

Compared to SR, she keeps all of her good points and loses all of the bad (hard to farm, terrible laning phase).

She has decent mobility and burst on a relatively short cooldown. It's easy to get her stun off during jungle skirmishes, and her ult is quite nice for stalling or eliminating important targets.

I was hoping to pick her up again after not playing Poppy for about a year. How does she fare in the current metagame now? I would love to hear the community's advice and insights.

konfetarius

01-29-2013

BFT hurt her a little. But higher prevalence of squishies helps her a lot. Just underplayed probably because is boring.

NamKim

01-29-2013

Quote:
konfetarius:
BFT hurt her a little. But higher prevalence of squishies helps her a lot. Just underplayed probably because is boring.

More like her Noxian Skin just scares the living daylights out of me...

MajorUrsa

01-29-2013

Quote:
konfetarius:

So boring.

ShawNuff

01-29-2013

I sometimes wonder why riot gave such giant fricken manacosts to a champion that is NU tier in SR. I feel like Riot is afraid of what will happen if they try to balance her, since her ult can be used kind of like Olaf's but you can't kill her.

DiscworldDeath

01-29-2013

They said their desire is to balance her ****ty early game (which is further gated by her mana costs) and her monstrous late game if she can get there.

Zekent got to high Elo in Ranked on an account spamming just Poppy, and like Nasus the goal is "Get to late game."

Seems to me Poppy was never really popular in games I've played - people who liked Poppy still play her, but most people just don't play her much.

animegirl1998

01-30-2013

buy khazix

Eloquid

01-30-2013

Quote:
MajorUrsa:
So boring.

More boring than Vi? More boring than Katarina? Wouldn't say so.

FOODFOOD

01-30-2013

I don't see her much, but she usually does fairly well when I do. I've done the Karma/Poppy combo a few times and it's worked quite well. Karma and Poppy just roam around the map together killing people and never dying.