How do you build Zilean Support?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dewtrocity

01-29-2013

I know he isn't that great of a Support but I was planning on playing some Support games with im just for the lols and was wondering how I should build him. I was thinking I should build him AP rather than Support because it would seem to be better, but I'm not sure. Like GP10s and a Sightstone into AP Carry rather than pure Support.

Still Eternity

01-29-2013

He works better as a Mid-AP Lane Bully. Drop bombs on people and push them out of lane. Then he transitions into a strong Support-AP, because his Ultimate with a lot of AP will revive almost anyone with full HP.

Plain Support Zilean can be okay against unsustained lanes, but for the most part, Zil is a much better midlaner.

Dewtrocity

01-29-2013

Ya I know, I already own just about every Support so I was going to get him just for the lolz since he is so cheap, I was thinking he would be good with like an Athene's for the AP scaling on his Time Bomb and Ultimate as well as the CDR for spamming skills(I am playing him Support after all) and the mana since he is pretty mana costly, then I could go like Rabadons Deathcap Sorc Boots and stuff. I would be Supporting but I would also be able to deal damage with my Time Bomb later on in the game as if I was going mid(kind of like Zyra)

alaskaneagle

01-29-2013

I love zilean support and think that's his best spot. I tend to build the peices to the philo stone with a ward and potion first (there is much debat about that being my start) then finis the philo and get a pink ward as soon as I get the gold.

After that I try to buy kage's and pink wards (I like to try to get the other sup into a pink ward fight so their sight stone isn't worth as much or they have to take bigger risks to place wards)

after kage's I'll get boots and the mana manipulator into the shard (as long as I can get a few wards) after that it's time fo rthe sightstone (much debate on the timing of my sightstone)

Then I'll get cdr boots and aegis (which one I get depends on if the team needs the aegis NOW, or the better ward coverage from being able to get in and out)

Then I'll either get the sunfirecap, warmogs, or rylas. (if we have issues keeping the enemies around long enough to kill, rylas; if the teamfights last quite a while sunfire, and if you tend to be the focus and bait warmogs)

Don't forget to speed the brusier while putting a bomb and the shard buff on his head, and keep your ult ready.