Shouldn't surrenders grant a greater IP gain for winning?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Green Eyed

01-29-2013

I'm sorry but why doesn't it work like this? Ok I can understand you might be thinking logically "The winning team won by doing the objective." which is correct, but think about it. When most teams surrender, they know they have been beaten, and they're giving up.

So by this logic, shouldn't the winning team get greater IP by submitting the other team by force instead of objectively?

If you're beating a team badly enough for them to give up before they even see the end result, how is that a greater win than a dragged on 40 minute blow out? Now mind you, I'm not saying most fully completed games are blow outs, but most blind pick ones are sadly.

Green Eyed

01-29-2013

Random downvote ?

Bergtau

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-29-2013

Surrendering for IP would become commonplace.

Edit: Misread, but still a silly idea. People surrender because they aren't having fun, not because they can't win.

fishnchipsmate

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-29-2013

teams can surrender for a variety of reasons. most of the time, when they have a leaver, the team will surrender almost instantly at 20. so you think you deserve more IP for the other team having a leaver?

jibbbyy

01-29-2013

it goes by time, if you got more ip for shorter games, i think that would encourage botting, whereas longer games reward more ip. i think that makes more sense to me

Naezma

01-29-2013

It's based on time. People surrender around 20-30 minutes.

cmck

01-29-2013

You don't get more ip for a shorter game, but you do get more ip/min. Take the ip you get for a short game and a long game and divide it by minutes played and you will see a difference. If you're grinding ip try to force 20 surrenders to maximize the ip you get in a given amount of time.

Battletick

01-29-2013

You should give up 33% of your IP gains and give them to winning team as tribute if you surrender, maybe we'd get less "They have 3 more kills then us and 1 more turret" surrenders.

PsionicApe

01-29-2013

In theory, a team surrenders to show respect to the other team that they don't feel the need to play the game out; they concede the outcome of the game.

If you made it so that the winning team gets more IP for a victory due to surrender, no losing team would ever do so.