Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Champion icons

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pyano

01-29-2013

Ever since the day I got my first skin I have always wondered why the icons on the mini map and killfeed don't show your skin's splash. But rather they show the original splash. Why do they do this? For a champ like blitz who has a rather dissapointing splash, I would much rather have boom boom blitzcrank show up instead of the default splash. Is it possible to add this to the game? I feel like it would not be too difficult to incorporate.

Personally I find that this would add much more worth to purchasing a skin because sometimes the splash is the better part of the skin I.e harbringer kassadin. Also this would make me much more satisfied with spending my money on a skin. Anyone else feel this way?

Tl;Dr change in game icons to match the skin being used.

Ternce

01-29-2013

That would require going back and making an If/Then Else statement and a lot of new avatar sized pictures. Way too much work.

Pyano

01-29-2013

Quote:
Ternce:
That would require going back and making an If/Then Else statement and a lot of new avatar sized pictures. Way too much work.

I'm sorry but I just don't see how this could be a lot of work, it seems the only thing to do is crop out a circular image of the face and replace the current one. Sorry if I'm wrong I don't know much about this stuff, but that seems pretty minimal

Smeargle

01-29-2013

Quote:
Pyano:
I'm sorry but I just don't see how this could be a lot of work, it seems the only thing to do is crop out a circular image of the face and replace the current one. Sorry if I'm wrong I don't know much about this stuff, but that seems pretty minimal

Cropping out a circular image.

>110 champs

Some have >2 skins.