Slow leveling in jungle 2013

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Calarrow

01-29-2013

I'm not very experienced with jungling in any maps besides summoners rift, so I'm not trying to stereotype all jungles, but it seems with the new SR jungle I've been leveling slower and most of the time am at the same level as the support. However, there are other things attributing to this. More supports aren't taking experience gain masteries, some junglers are supposed to get assists from ganks rather than kills (off the top of my head the more tanky junglers such as Skarner, volibear, etc.), or maybe it's just the jungler dies early game and they get behind. With the new changes like more base movement speed and minion-based damage items I'm confused as to why I'm seeing this pattern. Is anyone else having similar issues? If you have any arguments, suggestions, or comments, please share. -Calarrow

stupak

01-29-2013

If you find yourself behind, just wait for a teammate to b, and hang out in their lane last hitting until they get back. I personally tend to avoid golems as they are too far off to keep pressure and assistance close at hand.

REX PIMPWAGEN

01-29-2013

your most likley being behind because you are ganking a lot without getting kills or just not using the most effective set of masteries/runes so are clearing camps a lot slower. You could also be playing champs like shen who would fall behind naturally due to their slow clear times.

workthecorners

01-30-2013

only thing i can think of is your passing up experiance in the jungle...think of it this way

Wraiths have a jungle timer of 50 seconds
and get you
Gold: 30 (+0.72 / min)(large wraith)
Gold: 3 (+0.054 / min)(lesser wraiths)
So base gold is 39 G
and
Experience: 103(+2.1 / min)(wraith)
Experience: 15(+0.16 / min)(lesser wraiths)Xp
Total of 148 xp base

So if you let them sit for 3 minutes
thats 137 gold and 444 xp LOST.....
now that dosnt seem like much but there are 5 other normal camps and 4 buff camps

Bottom line is the longer they sit the further behind you get you NEED to farm as fast as you can and come back as soon as they pop back up

one pointer would be start with wolves then blue...alot of champions can solo both with no leash and still get all the way through to red (might have to recall after that) but you will be lvl 4 while the rest of your team is probably lvl 3 (bottom lane for sure)

EDIT because i thought id clarify

if you start wolves then go blue then wraiths wolves will come back up as soon as you get there and once you kill them the second time you will be lvl 3 then red then wraiths again and golems

obviously you need to pause for ganking but dont waste too much time

Timammoth

01-30-2013

The Jungle monsters have been buffed with more HP since season 3 and our harder to kill. But generally give slightly more gold and they now also scale the later the game goes on ,with hp, attack damage and gold etc. This would explain y its harder to keep up in exp in season 3 for jungling

Jesustim

01-30-2013

My jungle clear time on nocturne and hecarim keeps me on pace with mid and top for levels. The only champions who are god awful behind are slow clears (like shen). the most common mistake for junglers this season is sacrificing most of the jungle camps to get early ganks. If they fail the gank they are instantly behind by at least a level on another jungler who's clearing ALL his camps, and they run the risk of getting counterjungled by the higher leveled enemy.

WildFaker

01-30-2013

What Jesus said, don't camp bushes waiting for a gank even if your teammates are calling for it. Only come out of jungle to gank if you're sure you can secure a kill or push them out of lane so that you and your lane mate can shove. Take advantage of the times when your lanes go back to base and sap some exp.

Calarrow

02-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesustim View Post
My jungle clear time on nocturne and hecarim keeps me on pace with mid and top for levels. The only champions who are god awful behind are slow clears (like shen). the most common mistake for junglers this season is sacrificing most of the jungle camps to get early ganks. If they fail the gank they are instantly behind by at least a level on another jungler who's clearing ALL his camps, and they run the risk of getting counterjungled by the higher leveled enemy.
Thanks for all your input guys, it's just annoying when they complain about you not ganking enough. And you play hecarim? I mained him in season 2 and won every ranked game with him but I've found him hard to build in the new jungle, I do ok but everyone seems to think hec is op now. You have any tips man?

BoozBear

02-15-2013

You basically have to maximize what you get done as everyone else has explained.

Gank AFTER you clear camps, kno when ur blue is coming up always take the most effective route make sure stuff is dying shortly after it spawns etc.

And only go to gank a lane if its possible no point walkin all the way to a lane that is pushed up all the way to the enemys tower.

Maazo Kaazo

02-15-2013

1. Choose the right champions.
2. Choose the right abilities.
3. Choose the right masteries.
4. Choose the right runes.
5. Choose the right time to gank, countergank & counterjungle.
6. Choose the right time to cover lanes.
7. Practice practice practice!

Good luck!
Have fun! =)