Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

poppy balance?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jayfeather

Recruiter

01-30-2013

How about just reduce her mana costs? (Q brings back half mana cost on killing blow?) if she can spam she can harass and wave clear much easier. That's all she really needs early game - she'll never be Garen.

Unbeatabledeath

01-30-2013

Quote:
JayFeather21:
How about just reduce her mana costs? (Q brings back half mana cost on killing blow?) if she can spam she can harass and wave clear much easier. That's all she really needs early game - she'll never be Garen.

i dont think that will really help it will just make it easier to farm under tower. sadly the only way i can play poppy now is if i get someone who stupid enough to get E into the wall so i can harass him and run away. sadly until i get a tiamat she really cant farm but rushing a tiamat early game is GG....

Elsabet

01-30-2013

Quote:
anAmishLady:

I play Poppy in top lane all the time, and the only matchup I've had problems with is Yorick. He sustains off all of my harass way to well.

I've played many Kayles and Elises and Cho'Gaths and Olafs and Teemos and Irelias and Singeds and blah blah blah, and not one has given me a problem.

That said, Poppy is really, really hard to get right. It took me forever to realize just how over the top aggressive she needs to be.

Can you explain your Poppy strategy? I see from your LoLKing profile that you have no ranked matches, let alone ranked wins with Poppy. Your match history was similarly uninformative.
I personally feel that Poppy is underpowered because of [what I see as] her unviability early game. I theorize that she is most viable when laning with a support, actually. At any rate, I'd love to hear how to beat all those champs you mentioned. Thanks.

RockJockey

01-30-2013

bump

Unbeatabledeath

01-30-2013

anAmishLady yea i would like to know the same thing... so far as poppy i am having alot of trouble against XIN

KnightxSScarlett

01-30-2013

Just jungle Poppy. Problem solved.