poppy balance?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Unbeatabledeath

01-29-2013

what do you guyz think about buffing poppy early game a lil bit so she can lane against more champions.... i just bought her and am loving her so far even though my opponents is usually double my CS....... ofcourse her late game is awesome and makes up for the bad early game........ but seriously i think a lil buff early game wont hurt that much..

Also can someone who mains her give me more tips on how to play her better.. i went against a riven and he would just never go near a wall so i couldn't ever knock him and would just run away before i could Q him..... also i bait him into the bush but when he came in i would get out to E him but he dissapers LOL!!!!!!! also poppy jungle OP FUN!!!!

It be nice if riot would tell us if they plan on doing something or what they think they would do to make her more viable......... Also so FAR she is a GREAT jungler for me ofcourse she cant compare to lee but can anyone?

SoPho

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-29-2013

I would love it if her Q could crit. It would make her a lot more viable.

adc

01-29-2013

She's viable late game. She's just not viable because her early game is really bad. She's got the same problem as Nasus.

Unbeatabledeath

01-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by AD Bottom View Post
She's viable late game. She's just not viable because her early game is really bad. She's got the same problem as Nasus.
so she basically NOT viable lol.......... if you cant get to late game then there really is no point.... sadly i really have no idea how the hell we can make her better........ everything i think off will basically make her op or take her CHARM which is the late game power....... i guess i cant blame riot for not doing anything to her since making her more viable is almost impossible without taking away her charm...

SoPho

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-29-2013

Like I said, crit's on Q's. Avarice blade would be rushed and she can trade.

adc

01-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoPho View Post
And then she gets to late game and is literally broken. Ult + Q crit = instadead ADC or APC.

first time Vayne

01-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoPho View Post
Yes, let's give her crit chance on Qs. Then she'll have to fundamentally change all of her best build paths in order to try trading with her tiny, random chance to do sufficient damage on her 5 second cd spell. On second thought, that sounds like a terrible idea. Yea, she would do tons of damage, but looking to crit in the very early game (pre-5-6) is way too unreliable.

I play Poppy in top lane all the time, and the only matchup I've had problems with is Yorick. He sustains off all of my harass way to well.

I've played many Kayles and Elises and Cho'Gaths and Olafs and Teemos and Irelias and Singeds and blah blah blah, and not one has given me a problem.

That said, Poppy is really, really hard to get right. It took me forever to realize just how over the top aggressive she needs to be. I do believe she is in need of a buff -- don't get me wrong -- but crit chance on her Q is NOT it.

Unbeatabledeath

01-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by anAmishLady View Post
Yes, let's give her crit chance on Qs. Then she'll have to fundamentally change all of her best build paths in order to try trading with her tiny, random chance to do sufficient damage on her 5 second cd spell. On second thought, that sounds like a terrible idea. Yea, she would do tons of damage, but looking to crit in the very early game (pre-5-6) is way too unreliable.

I play Poppy in top lane all the time, and the only matchup I've had problems with is Yorick. He sustains off all of my harass way to well.

I've played many Kayles and Elises and Cho'Gaths and Olafs and Teemos and Irelias and Singeds and blah blah blah, and not one has given me a problem.

That said, Poppy is really, really hard to get right. It took me forever to realize just how over the top aggressive she needs to be. I do believe she is in need of a buff -- don't get me wrong -- but crit chance on her Q is NOT it.
yea crit is just too unreliable and really wont make a difference.... my problem with poppy is that its just too freking ez to deny her any farm also harassing her if she comes to get CS basically wins you the trade always unless you are too dumb and chase her near a wall...... sadly so far the only CS i am getting is only under the tower but eventually the lane goes back to mid and im losing EXP and CS......... (oddly enough lol i am still winning most of my game due to great teams or great jungles making me snowball that i can ult tower dive and kill).

Also i would love to see you play poppy against riven darius.....

Naills

01-30-2013

I agree that anything other than collecting CS by the tower is usually far too dangerous. Most melee champions have some form of escape, or at least some sustainability to be able to collect their CS then back off. Poppy only really has a chance of escape with E if a minion happens to be between you and safety. That's not even a good option for slight poke damage because of the cooldown + mana use involved.
I think a solution that has a fairly significant effect in the early game but a more negligible effect later on would be to give Poppy the first effect of Fizz's passive, the ability to walk through minions. This would allow Poppy an ever so slightly higher chance of escape, and add a bit of sustain against some champions with poke skills like Dr. Mundo (walk through a minion to let the minion catch a cleaver). With a careful Poppy this could help against a lot of early poke without providing invincibility or a sure-fire means of escape.

I hope there are no major changes to the Poppy play-style as it is really fun as it is now.

Timammoth

01-30-2013

The reason her early game sucks so bad is because she is awful at wave clearing. Making it easy for her opponent just to push her to tower. So poppy = csing under tower. By the time she gets to late game. she isn't that good because she has low cs. Can't really fix this without changing her ablitys. Could rush hydra someone should try that lol.