Sword of the Divine

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BailOrBurn

01-29-2013

I've seen a few threads about this already (but never noticed if anyone got a definite answer), but does Sword of the Divine active actually last 3 seconds if you are auto attacking a turret?

I tried this out in a custom game with Udyr, and every time I got to tower, activated SotD and lost the active buff after 1 second. Even made sure i was in turtle stance after the first time just to be safe, since you can't crit in turtle stance. Of course you're not supposed to be able to crit towers to begin with so turtle stance shouldn't matter anyway.

Now that I think about it, I wanna say that it didn't last for 3 seconds when I attacked enemy champs while in turtle stance either, but I wasn't looking for it at the time (and was changing to other stances as well) so I'll hafta test that.

Anyone know if there has been a red post about this, or if it is in some way intentional when using the Sword against towers?

I Like Tanks

01-29-2013

Oh, I was wrong.
Neat, I wonder why it did that.

Perhaps is it a tooltip error and actually lasts 3 autoattacks instead of crits?

forgivenbow

01-29-2013

Well I'm not sure but... when it says 3 crits, its 100% chance so basically its 3 hits.

Dyr0nejk2

01-29-2013

its 3 crits/3seconds whichever comes first. BTW if you like SOTD try it on malphite while maxing w (SOTD into IE then LW, BT, situational)

TheSy

01-29-2013

It expires after 3 crits not 3 autoattacks,

So i dont get if you were in turtle it should of lasted longer

BailOrBurn

01-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSy View Post
It expires after 3 crits not 3 autoattacks,

So i dont get if you were in turtle it should of lasted longer
Exactly, so maybe it is a tool tip error as mentioned above. I know it came up in one of the other threads, but since everyone except Udyr is going to use up the buff in 3 attacks they may have just programmed it for 3 attacks but last 3 seconds in case you're chasing and just left the wording like it is. It be a pretty easy over-site to not think of that one in one hundred champ that breaks the rule.

A Planeswalker

01-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyr0nejk2 View Post
its 3 crits/3seconds whichever comes first. BTW if you like SOTD try it on malphite while maxing w (SOTD into IE then LW, BT, situational)
You must mean try it on Garen.

Aoe Judgement crits op

Vacus

01-29-2013

I'm not sure whether it's a game bug or a tooltip error.

It seems to assume 3 crits = 3 attacks and do it that way instead of actually checking for a crit.

Cerulean Laser

01-29-2013

Sword of the Divine on Fiora with 3 BT's and a GA is hilarious.

Cerulean Laser

01-29-2013

You don't even want to see AD-Master Yi with Sword of the Divine with His Ult...huehuehue