Lore based map

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Holydemonhero

02-04-2013

Here is an Idea. In the JoJ there is a map link on every page which a map of Valoran. When the new TT map was released with Elise, there was a web page with lore about the Shadow Isles and a list of all champions from there. Why not make an interactive map that when clicked on city states (Demacia, Noxus, Ionia, etc) if would give a bit of general lore and a list of all champions related to those regions. Any champion from another world or without a home would be listed with the institute of way.

I.E.
Demacia: Garen, J4, Lux, Shyvana, Galio, Poppy, Fiora, Sona, Vayne, Xin Zhao.
Bildgewater: Fizz, Gangplank, Graves, Miss Fortune, Nami, Nautilus.

I think this would be an easy and efficient way to see which champions belong to which group.

Just an idea to be thrown out there.

Melancholy Exile

02-05-2013

That's actually a good idea, now that I think about it. There's already an interactive map in-game, designed to correspond to the different battlefields available in custom games, but it's really fairly redundant. That is to say, I doubt many people look to start their matches by clicking on the part of Valoran relevant to their Field of choice.

It really would be rather nice if they could work out some way of making that map display both the champions who represent the different regions and something of their background and culture. Good thinking.

Holydemonhero

02-05-2013

X-3

Fizz ln My Mouth

02-05-2013

Nami in Bilgewater? Perhaps. I would think she'd be in the mountains in/around where Diana is, considering the moon stone she is after is most likely in the Lunari ruins.

Great idea though. Would also be neat if you could pick an area as your "residence" on making an account and get an avatar / banner / UI theme representing it.
Maybe even a small IP discount when buying champs from your home area.

Managable

02-05-2013

I really, really like both the ideas in this thread.

With the map, there could easily be a lot of interesting matchups. Nasus/Renekton, Darius/Garen, etc.

A lot of MMOs have you pick a nation (WoW, Pandora Saga, Vanguard) and I like belonging to a certain nation. I end up meeting other players with similar interests just by my choice.

Riot please!

Holydemonhero

02-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fizz ln My Mouth View Post
Nami in Bilgewater? Perhaps. I would think she'd be in the mountains in/around where Diana is, considering the moon stone she is after is most likely in the Lunari ruins.

Great idea though. Would also be neat if you could pick an area as your "residence" on making an account and get an avatar / banner / UI theme representing it.
Maybe even a small IP discount when buying champs from your home area.
I figured the Water based champs would stay in the Pirate bay town. And this is just for examples I don't where they would be grouped up.