ADC advice - when your support hides

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vrykonik

01-29-2013

Ok so I was playing a ranked game and my ally chose nasus to support. I don't dodge games and I didn't feel too terrible about the choice as against a bad sona he should be able to use his tankiness to zone her. Unfortunately I got stuck with the support who died once early then rest of laning phase tried to hide behind me.

Obviously the situation is not ideal. I'm not going to kill the enemy with a heal bot on bot. I understand the mechanics of farming under the tower but rushing normal items like you're carrying the game (like I have in previous games) certainly didn't work.

So any high rated player who plays a lot of adc I would like to know how do you farm when you have the support that hides from behind you? I know the hit caster minion turret hit, then hit again. I know the warrior minions you wait 2 turret hits then last hit. My question is what items do you go when you're behind like this to try and stabilize? It seemed like being zoned out I was losing lots of farm but they weren't that good so they pushed up pretty fast most of the time. So do you build your normal items, or do you get something else with maybe more AS instead of AD?

I am just trying to think of what I could have done differently. I went dorans ---> pick axe and tried to build up towards IE but that seemed to not be ideal in this situation. If the adc character matters I was Ashe. Do you think I should try maybe more of a AS build when behind for like static shiv? Or what should I build to better counter being completely zoned? Do you keep same core items?

Please advice from high rated players is most welcome.

Drakojan

01-29-2013

I'm not high rated, but what I was told was to go for my damage items still. For example, if I'm playing Vayne with Sona against Cait+Nunu bot, I'm gonna lose. I was told not to buy any Doran's, because I won't win lane anyway and it'll just put me more behind than usual. Tank Ashe isn't something that can really help (in your situation, it's ****ing OP in others :P), and there's no point in having 2.5 AS if you only have 90 AD. Get your support to buy an oracles and clear the wards so that your jungler can gank. If your support is dying alot, buy it yourself if your jungler says he wants to gank. Or get SOMEONE to buy it lol.

Vrykonik

01-29-2013

I want advice from someone high rated. It isn't that your statement might not be correct, but I'd rather go with someone I'm sure knows what they are doing. No offense, but people who say 1800 are top 10% of players out there. Advice from people similar rating as me or only a little higher isn't going to improve my game most likely as we probably make the same type of errors.

adc

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Master Recruiter

01-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakojan View Post
I'm not high rated, but what I was told was to go for my damage items still. For example, if I'm playing Vayne with Sona against Cait+Nunu bot, I'm gonna lose. I was told not to buy any Doran's, because I won't win lane anyway and it'll just put me more behind than usual. Tank Ashe isn't something that can really help (in your situation, it's ****ing OP in others :P), and there's no point in having 2.5 AS if you only have 90 AD. Get your support to buy an oracles and clear the wards so that your jungler can gank. If your support is dying alot, buy it yourself if your jungler says he wants to gank. Or get SOMEONE to buy it lol.
Doran's aren't only for if you're running away with the lane. They're good for keeping yourself even in the lane, too.

On top of that, Sona is basically Nunu's hardest counter - she can shove Cait and Nunu off Vayne basically singlehandedly, and the Yeti can't do a damn thing about it. It really is a painful thing to watch a good Sona against Nunu.

Drakojan

01-29-2013

I understand lol. I was just telling you what this guy (who's 1700 ELO) told me to do.

Drakojan

01-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by AD Bottom View Post
Doran's aren't only for if you're running away with the lane. They're good for keeping yourself even in the lane, too.

On top of that, Sona is basically Nunu's hardest counter - she can shove Cait and Nunu off Vayne basically singlehandedly, and the Yeti can't do a damn thing about it. It really is a painful thing to watch a good Sona against Nunu.
On the Doran's thing I know, but winning against a Cait-Nunu lane as Vayne isn't necessarily easy, and if you are losing, it isnt worth spending 475 gold on an item that won't get you anywhere lat game. I could be wrong though lol.
And she is? I'll keep that in mind. Thanks lol. I was just using an example of Cait-Nunu vs Vayne-(someone). Lol.

adc

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Master Recruiter

01-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakojan View Post
On the Doran's thing I know, but winning against a Cait-Nunu lane as Vayne isn't necessarily easy, and if you are losing, it isnt worth spending 475 gold on an item that won't get you anywhere lat game. I could be wrong though lol.
And she is? I'll keep that in mind. Thanks lol. I was just using an example of Cait-Nunu vs Vayne-(someone). Lol.
Cait/Nunu has strong poke if Cait can get close to the enemy to shoot them. Sona is going to press Q + power chord and deal a bunch of damage to Cait or to Nunu, and neither of them can stop it without backing off. Not to say that it would be an easy lane, not at all. But it's not like you just lose outright.

As for Doran's, they're for laning. They give you 80 HP, simulated lifesteal, and a bit more last hitting power. Is it better to grab a BF sword if you can afford it? In most situations, probably. But if you only have 530 gold, why not buy a potion or two and a doran's?

Drakojan

01-29-2013

Makes sense. I dunno, for some reason I have this like, vendetta against Doran's items or something. I don't like buying items I'm gonna sell lol. Should I change that? If I'm losing lane I'll buy Cloth Armor or something. Dunno if that's a good idea.

adc

Master Recruiter

01-29-2013

It depends. If you're very behind and you really, really want to stay alive, Cloth would be a decent choice. But if you're only a bit behind and want to pack a little more punch and be a bit tankier, Doran's would be better. Cloth is basically saying "Ok, I'm going to farm and just focus on not dying."

Drakojan

01-29-2013

Oh OK, I'll keep that in mind. Thanks