I'm a major noob.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FatedCrystal

01-29-2013

I usually die about 3 seconds after getting where I want to go and therefor I can never level up in-game..... I also assume that my deaths lower my IP and out of game exp...... so I was wondering if anybody had any tips that could help me stay alive long enough to actually do something..... I have been playing as Mordekai but I JUST got Ryze and Granos If that helps you help me

GoombaStompin

Recruiter

01-29-2013

Relax! Dieing in league does not actually lower any out of game statistic's such as IP or experience.

I think Ryze is a step in the right direction for you. When I was new to the game I loved playing ranged heros and following the golden rule of never letting anyone get close to me. Its a lot easier to stay alive and learn the game if you can focus on staying out of your opponents reach.

Try Annie too!

Cloaked Figure

Recruiter

01-29-2013

I'd suggest staying farther away from your enemies. You gain XP from enemy minions who die within about half a screen width of you, regardless of if you kill them. As Mordekaiser, you should have a shield that absorbs enemy damage. If you have an enemy that attacks predictably, such as Annie with that fireball that travels to you and damages you, try casting your instant cone ability on nearby minions to max the shield so it takes the damage for you.

Remember that your tower is your best friend at early levels. If you are being pursued and low on health, head on down to your tower.

FatedCrystal

01-29-2013

lol thank you I was originally trying to save up (now I kind of want to for Vladimir because I studied him lol)

I thought about Annie but I prefer playing as guys lol XD

I usually attack mainly the minions anyways but I get distracted when a real person comes and kind of zone out in a blood rage lol XD

Whenever I notice quickly I try to go to my tower but Mordekaiser isnt that fast lol XD

Cloaked Figure

Recruiter

01-29-2013

Zoning out and blood raging is probably why you are dying then.

Calm down.

Do not panic.

It's just a game.

Crazed Corndog

01-29-2013

Dont push to hard and spam your abilities as they cost no mana. But at the same time rush a hextech revolver for mordekaiser as his abilities drain his own life thus killing himself. I play Mord
and really have a hextech revolver makes a huge difference.

TailsMK4

01-29-2013

I mostly focus on minions at the very beginning of the game, and not try to push too hard until I've got at least some boots and maybe starting my first weapon build. I occasionally fling an ability at an champion just to deal some damage, but usually you cannot do much damage at all until you at least get your ultimate. If someone is attacking me early on, I back off and keep running until the other person gives up the chase, then I head back. I recall if I do not think I can survive another ambush by the same person. Playing defensively at the start will help, after you get much more powerful can you start going on the offensive.

ChengCai

01-29-2013

try to play more games

ChengCai

01-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazed Corndog View Post
Dont push to hard and spam your abilities as they cost no mana. But at the same time rush a hextech revolver for mordekaiser as his abilities drain his own life thus killing himself. I play Mord
and really have a hextech revolver makes a huge difference.
i don't understand what you said....

VNSandvich

01-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChengCai View Post
i don't understand what you said....
Mordekaiser abilities hurts himself so buying an "hextech revolver" gives you healing so it restores health when you use it (on enemies ofc).